How do you feel about Ford

• Love Ford

Votes: 18 12.8%
  • Hate Ford

Votes: 113 80.1%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters
It would appear so. The problem though with this is that people won't be unbiased and objective with their comments on either side but most especially the side that dislikes him. If you don't like Ford, everything he says and does will be magnified, dissected and blown out of proportion to discredit him. So it's a flawed process and really, is just a popularity contest that solves nothing.

It's pretty clear that Ford deserves considerable 'credit' for causing the current polarization in Toronto's politics. When the mayor of a city loses a vote 43-1 its pretty clear that he makes his decisions solely based on his personal ideology and not common sense.

Well said CN; love and hate are both strong emotions. I can strongly dislike his leadership skills, policies or whatever, but I don't necessarily hate the man.

Perhaps so but there's an awful lot to not like about him away from City Hall, not that he's a pleasant one to deal with there either (witness the consultations from last week). DUI, public intoxication, domestic disturbances, an alleged flip off last week...

It's pretty clear that Ford deserves considerable 'credit' for causing the current polarization in Toronto's politics. When the mayor of a city loses a vote 43-1 its pretty clear that he makes his decisions solely based on his personal ideology and not common sense.

It's not like he suddenly became the "1" in 43-1 last week. He was elected back in the Lastman days.

I do not like the man at all, for the reasons that CN states. He tells us that he can run a busy modern office for close to zero dollars, and seems to value nothing. But I thought he had a certain folksy charm at the Executive Committee meeting with his constant apologies for mispronouncing names and the familiar way he addressed the deputants. That's if we overlook the cynicism of jamming the whole thing into one night to silence some opposition and his failure to respond with any humanity to the stories of the citizens he represents.

This is sort of like asking people on a MOPAR or HEMI forum what they think of Hyundai's new four cylinder engine.

For goodness sake, he's a penny pincher.... they're not cheapskates down there.:D

Arlington is the largest city in the USA that does not have a public transit system - not even a bus route! Do you know why? Voters there are afraid that they might unionize. You have a voting base that does not want to spend money on buses!

Arlington is the largest city in the USA that does not have a public transit system - not even a bus route! Do you know why? Voters there are afraid that they might unionize. You have a voting base that does not want to spend money on buses!

That American mentality seems to be slowly spreading up here. Ford Nation is the new Tea Party North.

At this point I suspect even more conservative-leaning Torontonians are shaking their heads, realizing that with the Ford brothers they're getting a little more than they bargained for.

I have trouble accepting this although I know it's true. Ford was a councilor for 10 years before becoming Mayor. He didn't change overnight; he's behaving exactly as he always has. If his supporters are surprised by him, they voted with a hand over their eyes and a finger in their ear.

Last edited:
I have trouble accepting this although I know it's true. Ford was a councilor for 10 years before becoming Mayor. He didn't change overnight; he's behaving exactly as he always has. If his supporters are surprised by him, they voted with a hand over their eyes and a finger in their ear.

I know two people that voted for Rob Ford that are saying they hate him now. I don't know if that is just a coincidence though. I don't think they really knew too much about him before voting for him though.

Back