• Love Ford

Votes: 18 12.8%
  • Hate Ford

Votes: 113 80.1%
  • Too soon to tell

Votes: 10 7.1%

• Total voters
E-health.

Seriously though, he was a more moderate version of Rob Ford (without the outbursts and with more reasonable ideas).

The kind of one liner e-health has become is exactly what is wrong with politics today. (P.S. I like Smitherman less than Ford but more than John Baird). The IMPLEMENTATION of e-health is scandalous. The actual intent of the program is precisely about more efficient delivery of service. You know, saving money and providing good government. When we confuse the issue we seem to be saying that productivity improvements are intrinsically bad because they are government related. No, we should be encouraging, insisting, that government become more productive even if it means expenditures in the short-term.

I don't want to use the word hate, but I dislike Ford immensely as mayor. I dislike him as a leader because he is clearly a very immature individual. I say this as someone who has no problem with privatization and containment of government largesse. The ends however does not justify the means. Always remember that regardless of the vision you have for the future be it from the left or the right.

I can respect someone and still disagree with their ideology and politics. This guy, well 'immature' is a polite word.

The majority of 905ers I know supported Ford strongly prior to the election ... a lot of people now don't say much less he looks silly / says silly things.
Being one of those 905ers, my hunch is that support for Ford is no different out here than it is in the Toronto suburbs where he polled very well. That's not to say everyone supports him, as not everyone in those Blue areas if the 416 supports him - but let's not forget that not everyone in those Red zones voted Smitherman either. Ford had modest support even in the core, though clearly not as much as Smitherman or Pantalone did.

Last edited:
Ford's popularity has dropped, but it was still at 57% in June. I suspect it's still in the same ballpark.

Personally I think he's an obnoxious boor, but unfortunately, we may need someone like him to shake up the left-dominated system. And no I didn't vote for him. I voted for Smitherman, who is right of Miller but still left of centre (or at most centre).

So, for the poll I voted "Too soon to tell".

we may need someone like him to shake up the left-dominated system.

This is exactly why he was elected with what's probably the strongest mandate ever won by a Toronto mayor. Sometimes the dirt's piled so high you need a bulldozer to clear it.

UT loves its intellectuals, but they often make the worst leaders--especially in difficult times. Waffling, narcissistic, tin-eared, obsessed with their legacy...

This is exactly why he was elected with what's probably the strongest mandate ever won by a Toronto mayor. Sometimes the dirt's piled so high you need a bulldozer to clear it.

UT loves its intellectuals, but they often make the worst leaders--especially in difficult times. Waffling, narcissistic, tin-eared, obsessed with their legacy...

I agree that things need to shaken up, but charging ahead/backwards blindly is not something I'd recommend. I'd say the best mayor would combine both traits of the left and right- strongwilled, but willing to think before acting.

I don't see Ford as immature as much as I see him pushing his agenda through because he knows he has the authority to do so and you don't and we all know it. He's managing the City as a hard nose Executive would in a corporation and I've seen worse in a corporation. If this is immaturity, then many highly paid Executives are equally if not more so.

Rob Ford's Support: From the Outer Boroughs...

map-700x426.png

Everyone: I found this map quite interesting because it looks to me like Rob Ford's support came from the "Outer Boroughs" of the old Municipality of Metropolitan Toronto
and George Smitherman's support was exactly in the original City of Toronto...

LI MIKE

I've just become a Separatist.....

If there is any silver lining, it is that north Scarborough voted NDP in the last election, and north Etobicoke (aka: the capitol of Ford Nation) voted Liberal. So there is hope...

Also worth noting that these two ridings also saw their transit projects cut as well...

I don't see Ford as immature as much as I see him pushing his agenda through because he knows he has the authority to do so and you don't and we all know it. He's managing the City as a hard nose Executive would in a corporation and I've seen worse in a corporation. If this is immaturity, then many highly paid Executives are equally if not more so.

You don't see Ford as immature? Really? Did you see the "Fat Fuck" video or the interview with the CBC? Really?

UT also loves its fact checkers....

Mel Lastman 387,848 51.7%
Barbara Hall 346,452 46.2%

Mel Lastman 483,277 80.0%
Tooker Gomberg 51,111 8.5%

David Miller 299,372 43.3%
John Tory 263,184 38.0%
Barbara Hall 63,748 9.2%

David Miller 332,969 57.0%
Jane Pitfield 188,932 32.3%

Rob Ford 383,501 47.1%
G. Smitherman 289,832 35.6%

By which measure was Ford elected with the "strongest mandate ever won by a Toronto mayor"?

Back