News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The low level bridge can be discarded for vehicle traffic, we really don't need that bridge. Demolish the '50s addition and make the original a pedestrian only bridge. An even better idea would be to keep the '50s section and build rowhouses and restaurants on it with a plaza in the middle for people to sit, eat lunch and enjoy the day.

The low level bridge is the most common industrial style rail bridge you see, the design was chosen because it was cheap and easy to build. They had no way of knowing if Edmonton would become the city it is today, they would have built a nicer looking bridge if they knew. The James MacDonald Bridge is also a very common bridge but it does the job it was designed to do.

The James MacDonald Bridge is also a very common bridge but it does the job it was designed to do.
Funny thing is, the Macdonald Bridge was built as a freeway bridge as part of the METS plan so it's actually over-built. It's kind of out of scale for that area and did not seem pleasant to walk around/under the last time I went strolling in the area.

20230408_094233.jpg

🎷🎺🎸🪕🎻🪗🎵🎶
A little bit of rusting can go a long way
Even bridges disappear by the end of the day
The thought of cars dropping into the river
Gives me pause; makes me quiver
And politicians too late have nothing to say

Michael row our car ashore
Hallelujah
Hallelu - lu- jah

So you better teach your child to swim
If you care a whit about her or him
'Cause that bridge is about to tumble down
And Jack or Jill could break their crown
Much worse than that they may even drown

Hallelujah
Hallelu - lu - jah

Is there an underhanded motive to let this one rot till they can justify tearing it down from too high repair $? What the hell is CoE infrastructure doing?

Back