News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

appliances was my only upgrade which i got as a purchasing incentive.

i have hookups for hardwood, tiles, custom cabinets, etc. so I plan on buying NO upgrades. that said, for you people who've had your design studio appointment: did they offer you the option of opting out of say, putting in a floor for example? for instance if i want to put in my own hardwood, will the building allow me to choose for them to simply not put ANY flooring in? i'd love to save a buck and not have to rip out the cheap laminate they will put in...

i have hookups for hardwood, tiles, custom cabinets, etc. so I plan on buying NO upgrades. that said, for you people who've had your design studio appointment: did they offer you the option of opting out of say, putting in a floor for example? for instance if i want to put in my own hardwood, will the building allow me to choose for them to simply not put ANY flooring in? i'd love to save a buck and not have to rip out the cheap laminate they will put in...

I think even if they don't put in flooring they will still charge you.

I have mixed feeling about it as well. i like the idea of having increased development in the area to create a little more buzz around the neighborhood. plus the development may help speed up the process of extending the subway line. who knows.

my biggest concern is them putting up a high-rise right across sheppard and taking away my view of the park!

i don't mind being charge (well, i do, but i understand why they are doing it) i just don't want to spend money on top of that to rip out the flooring they put in... charge me, but don't put it in, they make money and i save money in labor to rip it out.

Well a couple things come to mind from what I remember.

1) I dont know if the unit is technically finished with such things missing, therefore the builder cannot transfer over to you on a legal basis
2) You wont be able to touch anything until the building is registered
3) Getting everything, and I mean EVERYTHING approved by a board before you touch anything

Last edited:
my biggest concern is them putting up a high-rise right across sheppard and taking away my view of the park!

well, col.forbin, after reading a bit about it and the visual they provided, the area where the hangers are at the moment are going down, and that strip south along allen road is going to be for "mixed use" - my guess would be shopping/commercial

doesnt look in your favour, least view wise, ROI wise, very good though!

the funny thing is, i think those hangars are my saving grace because even if they come down, the land they take up is a bit small for another condo to go up there... if anything i hope we get a grocery store or restaurant...

Last edited:
you wont be able to touch anything until the unit is yours, before registration, you are just a mere renter on a legal stand point.

Joe is correctly from a technical / legal standpoint ... but it is not uncommon for condo owners to start renovating their unit during the occupancy period (when you are paying phantom rent)

flooring is really the only thing i cannot wait on. I'm gonna see what i can do to get past that pesky little rule

Back