News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Li chose not to take his meds. Isn’t that intent?

Li was undiagnosed at the time of the killing, so unless you want to force people with no previous criminal record (or even record of general disturbance) to go see medical professionals and get prescriptions, I am not sure where you are going with this.

Anyways, as to justice reform - violent crime gets all the press and attention, but what really have a broad level impact on society at large is white collar crime - and how leniently we deal with that. We also have a justice system that - in the name of equality - inadvertently privileges those who are in power and otherwise have the wherewithals. That's not my notion of justice.

AoD

Last edited:
Li was undiagnosed at the time of the killing, so unless you want to force people with no previous criminal record (or even record of general disturbance) to go see medical professionals and get prescriptions, I am not sure where you are going with this.

Anyways, as to justice reform - violent crime gets all the press and attention, but what really have a broad level impact on society at large is white collar crime - and how leniently we deal with that. We also have a justice system that - in the name of equality - inadvertently privileges those who are in power and otherwise have the wherewithals. That's not my notion of justice.

AoD

TY for correcting the mis-information on time of diagnosis.

For those wishing to get a clearer sense of how things unfolded, which is rather different that some posters discussed, Wikipedia has a decent summation:

Reactions: rbt
What a straw man. This is why I hate discussing stuff like this. I think I’m done.
I agree, it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest sentences that are vindictive to the point where releasing them is done on the basis of ruining their ability to function outside of prison.

I agree, it's absolutely ridiculous to suggest sentences that are vindictive to the point where releasing them is done on the basis of ruining their ability to function outside of prison.
Bro, you completely took my post somewhere else and you know exactly how.

With all due respect, please don't play the smart guy with me. You could've replied in a way that would address MY EXACT REPLY ON THIS EXACT CASE. But you took it to a general thing where it would seem I'm supportive of keeping someone in prison for 50 years for speeding 10 KM/H over the limit in a school zone.

Bro, you completely took my post somewhere else and you know exactly how.
Here's a direct quote then, you'd only even consider releasing someone "when the person in custody has wasted enough of their lives and that getting out wouldn't make a difference".
How is that different than being vindictive?

Here's a direct quote then, you'd only even consider releasing someone "when the person in custody has wasted enough of their lives and that getting out wouldn't make a difference".
How is that different than being vindictive?
Your "quote" has nothing to do with my post. You're generalizing. I'm not.

Your "quote" has nothing to do with my post.
It is your post.

Meh, lifetime supervision or being in a cell is really the same thing... at least an asylum, lol.

But yeah, we shouldn't be granting parole to intentional murders, at least not after 5 years or whatever he served. If I was in charge, I would ONLY even consider THINKING about parole is when the person in custody has wasted enough of their lives and that getting out wouldn't make a difference for them. That's the type of Law that we need to implement here in Canada to even make a dent in the number of cases like these.

Either generalized or specific it is equally a vindictive and absurd stance to take.
Lmao. Are you okay? Wow. Intentional murderers should not be treated archaically. Tell me, is murder archaic?

I’m sorry. I’m gonna stop posting on this subject. You just justified intentional murder. Let’s be less archaic in murderers. You’re lucky you don’t live in an eye for an eye society. You wouldn’t last a day. Peace.

And please don’t bother replying and expecting a response because there’s no point in discussing this further nor will I do so.

You’re lucky you don’t live in an eye for an eye society. You wouldn’t last a day. Peace.
I get you. I used to be an sanctimonious, obnoxious dick on this forum as well. But that was decades ago, back in the ezboard days.

You just need to park the outrage, have a little intellectual curiosity, and keep an open mind to others' ideas and POVs and you'll do okay.

Last edited:
I get you. I used to be an sanctimonious, obnoxious dick on this forum as well. But that was decades ago, back in the ezboard days.

You just need to park the outrage, have a little intellectual curiosity, and keep an open mind to others' ideas and POVs and you'll do okay.
You're saying that to me? Did you even follow along the conversation? When someone keeps straw manning your post, what do you do? How do you still converse intellectually?

I'm obnoxious? Cmon, you guys are getting too soft. Don't back down just to please others. Do you.

Telling me to keep an open mind, that's hilarious.

Lmao. Are you okay? Wow. Intentional murderers should not be treated archaically. Tell me, is murder archaic?
Your bloodlust is showing.

I’m sorry. I’m gonna stop posting on this subject. You just justified intentional murder.
Please do because I never did any such thing.
You’re lucky you don’t live in an eye for an eye society. You wouldn’t last a day.
We’re all lucky we don’t live in a society so spiteful.

What's all this 'used to be"??? :->

Back