News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Sue Ann Levy on ice?

She gets the rink to herself and goes round and round in circles while everyone stands and critiques her outfit and technique ...

"Sows On Ice", it could work.

Last edited:
The mods are loco for allowing this debate on marathons to go on forever. Time to move on from this topic!

Do you do this in real life too? Like, if you start taking about a restaurant with a friend, their wine list comes up, and then the conversation moves into wine in general...do you yell at your friend "NO! Restaurants! If you want to talk about wine, start a new conversation!"

Do you do this in real life too? Like, if you start taking about a restaurant with a friend, their wine list comes up, and then the conversation moves into wine in general...do you yell at your friend "NO! Restaurants! If you want to talk about wine, start a new conversation!"

Yeah, this is more like sitting next to a couple at a restaurant who ask to see the wine list and then launch into a loud three-hour argument about immigration policies for migrant farm workers.

So, would people rather talk about Tory's latest drunken rant or being caught shooting heroin? Jeez...

a day early?

I dont mind seeIng The John Tory show on ice. I draw the line at horseback hunting a la Putin or jet skiing a la Stockwell Day.

The mayor, shirtless and oiled, on an inert snow machine pulled by the Budweiser Clysedales while he pops a glock (blanks only - This IS Toronto after all) at specifically selected non-hibernating raccoons? On ice. Under an "eight-minute fireworks display choreographed to music." Might be good. City needs some thrillz about now.

The mayor, shirtless and oiled, on an inert snow machine pulled by the Budweiser Clysedales while he pops a glock (blanks only - This IS Toronto after all) at specifically selected non-hibernating raccoons? On ice. Under an "eight-minute fireworks display choreographed to music." Might be good. City needs some thrillz about now.

I've been hearing a lot of chatter in 52 Division that Tory's arrest is imminent.

Though mind what I said earlier in this thread...

Ah, back during the Jane Jacobs-worshipping Miller mayoralty, the defining talk was about *pedestrian* activism, not *marathoner* activism...

Indeed, in the pecking order of healthy street life and activity, I find that marathons are about as cold and narcissistic as one can get...

Uh...I run in those marathons every year. Police man every intersection and allow streetcars and traffic through during breaks in the runners. You're just preaching your ignorance with every post.

ha ha ha

How would you know this from the perspective of a runner??? Once the race reaches certain points in the route, there are no gaps between runners big enough to allow traffic through until you get near the end of the runners. You could be stuck at an intersection for an hour or more waiting for such a "gap". In other words...not worth discussing.

Also, the only streetcars that are there, are the ones that got "caught" between the time they start diverting them and the time they close the intersection.

Being a "runner" only makes you biased...not right I'm afraid.

There is an alternate route... its called the Bloor-Danforth Line.

Yea...which isn't open until 9:00am. And even when it is open, it doesn't offer a very good alternative route for someone with a destination on a King/Queen streetcar route.

And for the record, the transit routes that cross the marathon are diverted. There is still service, despite whatever you may think.

There is no service between the two points where they are diverting them...which happens to be the downtown core...which happens to be what I have been saying all along.

But wait...according to somebody else who is running in the marathon, the police are letting traffic through, so why would we be diverting them???? ha ha ha

Back