News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Speaking of my earlier pedestrians vs marathoners gripe, I'm getting some buzz that John Tory's proposed crackdown on jaywalkers could be a contentious matter...

Hilarious. I see rofo (head still shiny from chemo) doing a public service announcement. "Kids,I was a former jaywalker. But I've had a come to Jesus moment. I looked in the mirror and I said to my inner jay walker No More! I kicked that guy to the curb! Now I wait for a walk signal everytime. I beat jay walking and you can too. Vote for me in 2018. This message brought to you by people who only drive.

Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 12m12 minutes ago
After Cllr McConnell nominates Cllr Davis to be vice-chair of this committee, Ford nominates Cllr Nunziata. She declines that nomination.
Jennifer Pagliaro ‏@jpags 11m11 minutes ago
Davis becomes vice-chair of government management with Ford's clear objection.

Well look at that. It seems that everyone is falling in line with the new administration other than Ford.

Hilarious. I see rofo (head still shiny from chemo) doing a public service announcement. "Kids,I was a former jaywalker. But I've had a come to Jesus moment. I looked in the mirror and I said to my inner jay walker No More! I kicked that guy to the curb! Now I wait for a walk signal everytime. I beat jay walking and you can too. Vote for me in 2018. This message brought to you by people who only drive.

'I don't jaywalk anymore. In fact I hardly walk at all. But I still smoke a jay sometimes ... in one of my stunken droopers'.

Well look at that. It seems that everyone is falling in line with the new administration other than Ford.

Talking about falling, well almost falling, from this link:

Mayor John Tory makes smooth recovery from slip

tory-slips.jpg

Someone behind him wasn't so lucky.

They were towing FedEx trucks this morning. From Twitter.

B6rlGMnIQAE8iDg.jpg

And Canada Post trucks (also from Twitter.)

B6ruC7fIIAQaT9l.jpg-large.jpeg

Love it. Imagine, no corporation is above the law. What a novel concept.

Attachments

• B6rlGMnIQAE8iDg.jpg
    B6rlGMnIQAE8iDg.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 533
  • B6ruC7fIIAQaT9l.jpg-large.jpeg
    B6ruC7fIIAQaT9l.jpg-large.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 509
Last edited:
If you have to make a delivery, where do you park? Businesses need deliveries.

In a space designated for parking or deliveries. Come on now... its really not that complicated. A little thinking would help.

If it means parking a block away, so be it. It comes with the job. If you are not capable of walking a little further to make a delivery, then you shouldn't be a delivery person.

In a space designated for parking or deliveries. Come on now... its really not that complicated. A little thinking would help.

If it means parking a block away, so be it. It comes with the job. If you are not capable of walking a little further to make a delivery, then you shouldn't be a delivery person.
Exactly. We have a laneway beside our building and yet Fedex, Can Post, shredder companies, etc all still park on the street in front of the building blocking traffic. Those few more steps are just too much them.

Exactly. We have a laneway beside our building and yet Fedex, Can Post, shredder companies, etc all still park on the street in front of the building blocking traffic. Those few more steps are just too much them.

As long as we are all clear that it will take longer and cost more. i did courier work in downtown T.O. for a few months. I needed to do thirty packages per day to make my expenses. I wouldn't even try now.

Matt Galloway @mattgallowaycbc
.@TorontoPolice say on orders of Chief Bill Blair, they've suspended the practice of "carding" until further notice. That's big.

Some good news.

Also, how do you think this cold weather situation was handled by Tory?

If you have to make a delivery, where do you park? Businesses need deliveries.

Every office building has a loading dock.

As stated in various articles, several areas downtown were made for temporary parking.

Also, they can change the time when deliveries occur from during rush-hour to sometime outside of rush-hour. Deliver to residential side-streets during rush-hour.

What's really interesting about this is city staff must have had it ready to go (new short-term parking areas were created extremely quickly) but Ford chose to ignore it. Perhaps this is an outcome of the downtown congestion report that Ford spoke of several years ago.

Back