News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

I am not a resident of Cliffcrest and can't speak to the narrow specifics here, but it would not be a surprise if there were several rooming houses and that they were non-compliant w/rules around same. It is an issue in the City as a whole.

Yes, * its in the budget for 2024 - proposed.

I support what staff have in mind here; however, the full disclosure of those plans is on hold til after this election. The new councillor will then get a peak, followed by the general public early in the new year.
Thank you @Northern Light for your knowledgeable and measured response (as usual).

Maybe I'm taking this a bit too personal and I should understand that it is merely 'campaign rhetoric'.

Having said that, Parthi's rooming houses in Cliffcrest are "out of control", kinda burned my ass. 🤣

I'd still like to hear from residents of Cliffcrest. :)

Just received this from Cycle Toronto.

Edit- I added the preamble

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 5.33.15 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-11-21 at 5.27.46 PM.jpg

The Star has published a report on the Scarborough South-West race for Council:

The key bit for us here is a that it includes a pole result. No sign of Malika Ghous??? She of the seeming 10,000 signs?

1700672610500.png

Based on the above, its Parthi's to lose; but at only 7 points ahead of Kevin and Suman, turnout of one's vote will be key.

The key bit for us here is a that it includes a pole result. No sign of Malika Ghous??? She of the seeming 10,000 signs?

Signs are weird. The absence of signs shows that a candidate is a non-factor, but a lot of election signs doesn't mean the candidate is a key contender.

I find that signs are a particularly unreliable barometer in inner-suburban Toronto neighbourhoods, where there are a lot of rooming houses and properties with residents ineligible to vote.

Signs are weird. The absence of signs shows that a candidate is a non-factor, but a lot of election signs doesn't mean the candidate is a key contender.

I find that signs are a particularly unreliable barometer in inner-suburban Toronto neighbourhoods, where there are a lot of rooming houses and properties with residents ineligible to vote.

Broadly agree, but would say, lots of signs with full colour photos and slick graphics do at least suggest a healthy campaign budget. That may not make one a leading contender, but you would think they might register top 5 in a poll.

Broadly agree, but would say, lots of signs with full colour photos and slick graphics do at least suggest a healthy campaign budget. That may not make one a leading contender, but you would think they might register top 5 in a poll.

We should all know by now that having an excessive number of signs doesn't mean the Candidate is going to win.

Take Xiao Hua Gong for example.

The Auditor General list of her 2024 planned audits may give us some interesting topics for conversation.

1700840265644.png

Personally, I will be watching for the report on the MLSE Contract for the World Cup and the repair of Utility Cuts! Plus, of course, the 2025 Report on ECS and their management (if that's the right word) of major construction projects.

Back