News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Interesting to contrast your experience voting w/that of @Richard White

Which experience will end up being more representative?

Wonder what explains the difference (time of day, location etc)

And, whether that is indicative for any particular candidate of their vote coming out (or not)
I ran into 2 neighbours and all 3 of us voted for Suman Roy. Not indicative of anything, of course. I think I got there just before 11. The woman who took my card said it was a wonderful day for democracy and she was smiling from ear to ear because of the volume of people since 10 am. I really hope the numbers will be better than expected. I think a lot of people on various Facebook pages are really pissed off at Ghous for taking a leave of absence from the trustee job she was elected for last year. Add in that Crawford was highly unpopular here so maybe people are just excited about change.

News Release

November 27, 2023

Advance vote turnout for the Ward 20, Scarborough Southwest by-election

A total of 4,374 eligible electors voted during the advance vote weekend on November 25 and 26 for the Ward 20, Scarborough Southwest by-election for Councillor.

The following is a breakdown of the advance vote turnout:

• Saturday, November 25: 2,181

• Sunday, November 26: 2,193

News Release

November 27, 2023

Advance vote turnout for the Ward 20, Scarborough Southwest by-election

A total of 4,374 eligible electors voted during the advance vote weekend on November 25 and 26 for the Ward 20, Scarborough Southwest by-election for Councillor.

The following is a breakdown of the advance vote turnout:

• Saturday, November 25: 2,181

• Sunday, November 26: 2,193

That turnout is pretty grim.

I am expecting a 10-20% voter turnout.

So let me get this straight. In a single move, Chow just threw under the bus: (i) people who wanted to save Ontario Place. and (ii) people who wanted to tear down the eastern Gardner and free up land for redevelopment.

Don't blame me, I voted for Matlow

So let me get this straight. In a single move, Chow just threw under the bus: (i) people who wanted to save Ontario Place. and (ii) people who wanted to tear down the eastern Gardner and free up land for redevelopment.

Don't blame me, I voted for Matlow

Huh?

Though honestly the ability of the city to tie up OP redevelopment is always weak; and in all it isn't a terrible trade, especially with additional TTC funding.

AoD

Agreed. Taking the DVP and Gardiner off the hands of the City is also not a bad thing.

I consider this a win overall.

Agreed. Taking the DVP and Gardiner off the hands of the City is also not a bad thing.

I consider this a win overall.

Well in the ideal world it is bad because it removes the power of the city to do anything with them; but at the same time, the city isn't doing anything with them, so...

AoD

Let's have a look at the elements in the deal, as per the piece linked:

1701100783300.png

So capital funds for new Line 2 Trains

Plus operating funds; and some sort of stop-gap fund until ridership returns to pre-pandemic levels.

Let's have a look at the elements in the deal, as per the piece linked:

View attachment 523206

So capital funds for new Line 2 Trains

Plus operating funds; and some sort of stop-gap fund until ridership returns to pre-pandemic levels.

Which also explains why the new trains were back on the TTC agenda suddenly.

AoD

Though honestly the ability of the city to tie up OP redevelopment is always weak; and in all it isn't a terrible trade, especially with additional TTC funding.

AoD
People voted for Chow expecting her to do something to stop the Therme deal and by extension the relocation of the Ontario Science Centre.

She didn't even try.

And the uploading of the costs associated with maintaining the eastern Gardner is a "win" only if one pretends there wasn't another option: tearing it down altogether.

Back