News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The plan builds the waterfront west LRT, which will run on off-road corridors from Humber Loop to the CNE grounds, then in a reserved right-of-way into Union Station (and reserved right-of-way to Port Credit). This will drastically cut your commute times by that route if you choose to take it. In addition, the plan calls for regional fare integration by 2012, which could allow you to use your TTC fare to access GO trains from Mimico.

Are there specific plans for the ROW west of Exhibition Place? I'm asking this cause if a ROW was set up on Lakeshore west of Humber loop, it would be reduced to one lane, unless on street parking is eliminated.

Are there specific plans for the ROW west of Exhibition Place? I'm asking this cause if a ROW was set up on Lakeshore west of Humber loop, it would be reduced to one lane, unless on street parking is eliminated.

Based on TTC's EAs, the preferred alignment from CNE loop to Queen/Roncy is in the railway corridor. From there, it will connect to the ROW on Queensway. Beyond that, new EAs will be needed for the other segments.

Based on TTC's EAs, the preferred alignment from CNE loop to Queen/Roncy is in the railway corridor. From there, it will connect to the ROW on Queensway. Beyond that, new EAs will be needed for the other segments.

It will be interesting to see how this pans out, having a streetcar run in a ditch by the rail corridor is gonna be interesting to see.. Especially how it will transfer onto the Queensway from said ditch.

I'm still waiting after 6 years for the water front revitalisation to begin. This is another crock for votes.

Really???????????????.........................When was the last time you visit the water edge?

What open on Sat at Cherry Beach as well last Friday at the Spadina Slip??

What else is taking place on the water edge now????

I think that applies a lot more to MO2020. Had this been proposed right before or during a provincial election, it would definitely be a vote buying tool. Having it announced with 3 years to go in McGuinty's term boosts it's credibility in my eyes.
MoveOntario was announced June 2007, about three months before the October election. It was a vote buying tool without any question. It also pretty much the only reason for Metrolinx's existence, and from the looks of it, is pretty much the same plan with some GO upgrades thrown in.

The direction Metrolinx wants to go is one line from Malvern to Pearson airport, with Scarborough Centre, Kennedy Stn and Midtown as intermediate destinations.

The individual EA will decide if this means converting the SRT to LRT or building Eglinton as SRT. The bottom line is that you won't have to transfer at Kennedy.

If this is the plan, then I'd suggest a combination of the two: build that line using SRT-style design (full grade separation and provision for long 3-car or 4-car trains), but use LRT vehicles and track gauge to allow interoperability and emergency diversions with other Transit City lines.

MoveOntario was announced June 2007, about three months before the October election. It was a vote buying tool without any question. It also pretty much the only reason for Metrolinx's existence, and from the looks of it, is pretty much the same plan with some GO upgrades thrown in.

True, but re proposing it puts the ideas back on the table. If McGuinty wanted to, he could have just let this die and neutered Metrolinx. I don't see how McGuinty wins by reproposing the same thing after he was elected. Thats not to say that I think it will be implemented 100%, but I have more confidence in this than MO2020 or the Bob Rae plan ("Let's Move"?).

Also, the Scarborough Malvern route as planned....barely touches or services Malvern. It's more a Kennedy to UTS route. Can that be done with a bus? If they wanted to keep it, they should have looked into extending the route down Morningside to Finch and then onto MTC via Neilson or alternatively down Finch to Finch Station.

Well, perhaps it should run to UTS only, and be named "Scarborough East" LRT, rather than "Scarborough Malvern". Apparently, there is some development potential along Eglinton east of Kennedy and along Kingston Rd.

Regarding the service to Morningside Heights, I wonder if the route that will run from (or via) STC to Malvern, could be extended a little further north-east.

New east-west BRT service will be added for regional travellers from the Pearson Airport district through York Region to Scarborough Centre and Pickering via Highways 407 and 401.

I would have thought the 407 Transitway would have been in the 15 year section instead of Years 16-25.

I would have thought the 407 Transitway would have been in the 15 year section instead of Years 16-25.

They should have built the 407 Transitway When they built the 407. But I guess Harris would have sold that as well

It all depends on the level of congestion on the 407. How often do buses get delayed currently in mixed traffic right now? It's not clear sailing, but it's not experiencing the same level of congestion on the 401 either.

User experiences would be some good comment on this aspect.

Okay, it's obvious that this is a very silly plan filled with pet projects but I don't think anyone has commented on one of the worst parts yet - the Steeles/Taunton line! 13km of rapid transit through the greenbelt to serve another 18km of pure nothing, and it parallels a GO line much of the way! By the way, 99% of Steeles East riders are shuttling directly to or from Finch station, Metrolinx...god forbid we try to shift these subway-bound riders to new subway or GO lines.

Subways to farm fields is a hidden opportunity...a planner's dream. It is a chance to build a high density transit friendly area from scratch. Let's just hope that the opportunity is not squandered.

I think this is the worst argument I've ever heard to build a subway to somewhere.

The direction Metrolinx wants to go is one line from Malvern to Pearson airport, with Scarborough Centre, Kennedy Stn and Midtown as intermediate destinations.

The individual EA will decide if this means converting the SRT to LRT or building Eglinton as SRT. The bottom line is that you won't have to transfer at Kennedy.

Fair enough, but that's certainly not how the SRT replacement is conveyed in the TTC/City's literature. They seem fairly sure they are going to stick to a replacement of the ART vehicles with more ART vehicles. And there was no mention from any of the bodies that they were planning for an SRT extension down Eglinton. The Eglinton LRT appeared to be a separate project with a terminus at Kennedy.

I certainly look forward to that EA however. A line with no transfer at Kennedy would be sweet. It would become an effective alternative to the BD line with reduced transfers and faster total travel times.

Thanks for the clarification!

Back