News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Not sure if this has been mentioned already, but this is an interesting development:

MasterCard wants STM to accept its credit card as ticket payment:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/mastercard-stm-payment-system-1.3563939

I know London and several other European cities are implementing contactless (tap) cards as an alternative form of payment, but interesting to see Montreal's STM exploring this option.

I had to use Sherbourne station tonight, and was happy I wouldn't need to purchase tokens, but the gates at the main entrance still haven't been completed. Everything is still behind hoarding. Good thing stations accept debit as payment now!

I had to use Sherbourne station tonight, and was happy I wouldn't need to purchase tokens, but the gates at the main entrance still haven't been completed. Everything is still behind hoarding. Good thing stations accept debit as payment now!
How much did you pay with debit? $3.25 or 2.90?

Had to buy 3 tokens to meet the minimum for using debit.
And you still need to buy tokens. I'm really looking forward when buses get presto. Brad says Arrow and Wilson after Queensway. Hopefully the 75 gets presto buses by the summer.

I was on the 300 Bloor-Danforth Friday night and delighted to see a Presto reader in service. I really can't wait for the complete roll-out.
Great news, stops right outside my building Bloor/Dundas. Presto cards are like wearing glasses. The only thing worse is *not* wearing them. Presto can be a real pain in the bud, but still far less pain than tickets or tokens, and you lose it, if registered, you get it replaced.

Naturally this has some worried that Presto's operating costs are higher than expected. Will Metrolinx come to GTA operators with same demands?
When more people use credit cards to load their cards along with the increasing electricity cost from this Wynne government, Presto costs are bounded to go up. This is not money that the same government would subsidies either. TTC is going to loose a lot of money when everyone is using Presto.

Back