News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Although I liked MJ, I am disgusted by the fact that a pop star's death has become such big news. On Google's News page the story is at the top with 4000+ articles linked already. That whole Iranian fight for democracy thing....CNN pretty much stopped talking about that at around 430. Sucks to be you Iranian voters. MJ is just more important to us than your rights.

I was never a fan but I remember the hubbub when his solo albums came out and the videos were a staple for me growing up (Beat it, Billie Jean, Thriller.) I'm still a bit uncertain about his legacy given the whole mess surrounding his relationship with kids but his sudden death was a shock nonetheless.

Mixed feelings about this. To be honest, I'm only really surprised this didn't happen sooner. He was increasingly a freak show whose talents were somewhat genuine, but greatly overrated and whose ridiculous notion of himself turned me away years ago. I'm a little sad as it is a death and he did play a role in my childhood, but really, I'm more distraught by how we aren't going to get any real news for about two weeks.

R.I.P. ... but beyond that, meh.

Like many others, I am put off by his bizarre antics and 'alleged' behaviour with children.

And I ditto Darkstar416's comments ... the world's priorities are wacked if this dominates the news for the next several weeks.

Last edited:
Yep, it hasn't affected me much, but I will be soon sick of the media clusterf**k. Apart from a few singles, I never cared for his music, and just ignored all the later media coverage of the various scandals and decline of a once brilliant career.

My goldfish makes 7.
aww poor goldfish ):

The way that I feel about all of this is that I think he was a good guy. His music's amazing, and his talent was as well. I find it really sad that it looked like he was really trying to make a comeback, just for it to all end so suddenly. RIP ):

I can remember the very first concert I ever saw was the Thriller Tour (I was four or five, and it terrified me.), and it was at Exhibition Stadium, it really sucks that he died so young, he was immensely talented and he leaves behind such a legacy. he will be missed. rest in peace Michael.

Although I liked MJ, I am disgusted by the fact that a pop star's death has become such big news. On Google's News page the story is at the top with 4000+ articles linked already. That whole Iranian fight for democracy thing....CNN pretty much stopped talking about that at around 430. Sucks to be you Iranian voters. MJ is just more important to us than your rights.

Well, he JUST died and he was Michael Jackson. Even the Iranians were tweeting about him.

Yep, it hasn't affected me much, but I will be soon sick of the media clusterf**k. Apart from a few singles, I never cared for his music, and just ignored all the later media coverage of the various scandals and decline of a once brilliant career.

Somehow, in the end, I can see this circus being less like Elvis and Lennon and more like Ronald Reagan or something...

Rumours are that he was using a lot of pills. If true this would be kind of ironic. Elvis died of heart failure due to his massive use of pills. And Michael was married to Elvis' kid for a while. Funny how his personal doctor was at his house when it happened.

Maybe he knows that he can't make it through the new tour without falling apart and decided to end it in what looks like a cardiac arrest, since his financial prospects are going to be abysmal. Conjecturing...

AoD

I wonder how long it will be before people start suggesting they've seen Jackson and he isn't really dead. Maybe Tupac needs a golf partner.

In any case, despite his bizzare antics in the past 15 or so years, he's still a legend who helped redefine music. Once it's all said and done he'll be remembered as one of the greats. It's not surprising at all such a big deal is being made over his death.

Back