News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

famous.png

^I think one of the most annoying things about Twitter is that it makes it so much easier for people you couldn't care less about to broacast their opinion. There was one channel doing Twitter feeds which included comments from various C-List celebrities. Who really cares what they think?

Maybe he knows that he can't make it through the new tour without falling apart and decided to end it in what looks like a cardiac arrest, since his financial prospects are going to be abysmal. Conjecturing...

AoD

I doubt it was that rational. It could be that he was terrified of having to tour. He seemed to have become somewhat reclusive.

Although I liked MJ, I am disgusted by the fact that a pop star's death has become such big news. On Google's News page the story is at the top with 4000+ articles linked already. That whole Iranian fight for democracy thing....CNN pretty much stopped talking about that at around 430. Sucks to be you Iranian voters. MJ is just more important to us than your rights.

they've removed the citizentube link/banner from the top of youtube. totally forgotten is iran. it's like the west is suffering from a collective case of ADHD. oh look, a squirrel....

Oh wonderful - looks like his doctor managed to kill him.

We'll never hear the end of this now.

It's a shame the guy was dead and all, but I lived through the '70s and '80s when he was the biggest. The media seems to be making out that he's much more important than anyone ever seemed to think back then - well excluding teenage girls ...

I just don't get it ...

I was just finishing school actually ... sure it was big lots of things were. It seemed popular with children ... but I don't remember much excitement really, unless you were 13. And then the last 20 years? I don't recall it being something you'd hear in a bar, or a club (did we even call them clubs back then ... the memory fades). Other stuff seemed bigger; Queen, Bowie, The Police, Duran Duran ... or at least taken a lot more seriously. Perhaps that's it ... no one ever took it seriously.

I was just finishing school actually ... sure it was big lots of things were. It seemed popular with children ... but I don't remember much excitement really, unless you were 13. And then the last 20 years? I don't recall it being something you'd hear in a bar, or a club (did we even call them clubs back then ... the memory fades). Other stuff seemed bigger; Queen, Bowie, The Police, Duran Duran ... or at least taken a lot more seriously. Perhaps that's it ... no one ever took it seriously.

Perhaps that stuff seemed bigger because it had more of an influence on you personally, or suited your personal tastes.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who'd agree Duran Duran had the level of fame Jackson did at his height...or were more influential.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone who'd agree Duran Duran had the level of fame Jackson did at his height...or were more influential.
Ah yes - and suddenly he's influential. Why haven't I heard this in the last 20 years?

Ah yes - and suddenly he's influential. Why haven't I heard this in the last 20 years?

I've heard so many musicians reference Michael Jackson as their influence.
Look how many artists have covered his music!

Also, if you mentioned you were a fan of him, people would laugh at you or give you a weird look.

If Michael Jackson's death inspires Matthew Good to keep writing on his site and give up music, some good can come out of this.

To keep writing? The guy has been blogging/writing daily on the internet for 10 years.

In fact, he's already moved on from his post about Jackson with a post about Iran. Just like we all should.

Back