News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Great to see, but 4 years for 'The pool is reopening with improved accessibility (zero-depth entry), a water slide, inclusive change rooms and washrooms, and new signage.'?
Construction only started Aug 2022

For obvious reasons, but that then subsided and there was opportunity that many took advantage of.

2-3 yrs for a pool rehab is ridiculous.

For obvious reasons, but that then subsided and there was opportunity that many took advantage of.

2-3 yrs for a pool rehab is ridiculous.
Fountain Park in St Albert was supposed to be 3 years but we found a structural issue that accelerate the work. Ended up at 18 months. However its shut down for a month now for warranty work. And based on what I've read of the work involved 3 years would be close. They basically rebuilt the pool. It would have been faster to just build a whole new one.

Nice looking project immediately north of the field for Strathcona High School.
20240710_104232.jpg
20240710_104314.jpg
20240710_104415.jpg

Is there an update if a contract has been awarded for the building of the new schools in Edmonton, Public & Catholic? Just curious as there's one to be built close to us but no action on site yet.

Thanks!

Is there an update if a contract has been awarded for the building of the new schools in Edmonton, Public & Catholic? Just curious as there's one to be built close to us but no action on site yet.

Thanks!
The next package of 7 schools does not come out until November. We are just waiting to hear if the Islamic school is going ahead this year.

The next package of 7 schools does not come out until November. We are just waiting to hear if the Islamic school is going ahead this year.
Here is an idea. How about all schools paid for with public money be public schools? The government should not be in the business of promoting any religion.

I had a much better school life in the Catholic school system than my time, and my sibling's time in the public system.

Back