News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

Note to Sal,
I tend to agree with Richard White's viewpoint.
If both images are of equal value, they conflict with one-another for attention.
My rare attempts to merge images were in this, very simple style.

I think we must be careful and allow the original scenes to be obvious.

However, I like your "abstract" technique of blending past and present and can appreciate your intentions.
Best wishes for more of the same.

Some of the best work I've seen in the 'blending' of photos is done by Harry Enchin.
Have you seen his work?
It's at: https://www.torontomomentsintime.com/index

Too bad a stereographic image is not possible. IE. left eye = old image, right eye = new image.

Everything is possible, just need to spend some time and figure it out.

My intention is to see both worlds in one glance. I like the idea that I can bring these photos to life, and maybe remind people that the history of a space is amazing if we take the time to learn.

Note to Sal,
I tend to agree with Richard White's viewpoint.
If both images are of equal value, they conflict with one-another for attention.
My rare attempts to merge images were in this, very simple style.
View attachment 177272
I think we must be careful and allow the original scenes to be obvious.

However, I like your "abstract" technique of blending past and present and can appreciate your intentions.
Best wishes for more of the same.

Some of the best work I've seen in the 'blending' of photos is done by Harry Enchin.
Have you seen his work?
It's at: https://www.torontomomentsintime.com/index

Goldie,

Thank you for taking the time to comment, your views are respected and appreciated.

The work you see is what resonates with me, I don't see much of a point of imitating others. To be honest, I do not like sampling large portions of an archive photo at full transparency, its insulting to the original photographer. That's just my opinion. I want my photo to be the focal point and the archive photo as an enhancer. Whats the point otherwise, I might as well be a pirate.

Also, to appreciate these photos and build a true opinion they need to be viewed on a large format medium. I will have works in the Blue Crow gallery starting in April if anyone is interested in viewing.

Sal

I remember, as a child, when I was happy to see this building go........as it had always seemed rather downtrodden, dreary and sketch.....

601408_448488818554441_522467645_n.jpg

Of course, I had never seen it, in an earlier era, in much better condition..............

pictures-r-3826.jpg

1239876_545617458841576_2060542362_n.jpg

Nor did I know it would be replaced by this ..............sigh....

screen-shot-2013-09-29-at-4-47-16-pm.png

All images are of the south-west corner of Dawes and Danforth and come from the website Lost in Toronto, found here: https://losttoronto2.wordpress.com/

Back