News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

U

urbanboyto

Couldn't find an official thread for this project but it is just south of Bloor and Spadina near the JCC.

Excavation and building the parking lot seemed to take forever but the tower is now just sprouting above the surface. I don't have any photos but I think this is going to be around 13 storeys?

The website is here but I don't see any renderings of the building..will be interesting to see how this impacts on the Annex landscape.
At the very least it will hide part of the brutalist building just to the south of it on Spadina.

www.mosaiccondos.ca/

The material published by the developer when this went on sale (early 2005) showed it as 20 storeys. The first four levels will basically occupy the entire site, and it will then be stepped back, at the 5th, 8th, 16th, and 19th floors.

I wish I had the cash to buy a unit. I can't really think of a better location to live in the city (for me anyways).

This project sold out pretty quickly. No doubt the location, which is very good as SD2 says, was the major reason. Also, there is almost a complete lack of competition in the neighbourhood, which does not have too many other potential condo sites available.

It is an excellent location and there are few condos being built in the Annex. (except for one bedford and the schoolhouse lofts).

I can't find a rendering of the tower but I imagine it will make a great impact on the neighbourhood.

This project sold out pretty quickly. No doubt the location, which is very good as SD2 says, was the major reason.
Yeah. Prices were quite good as well, starting at under $150K.

Proximity to UofT and the resulting ease of rentability must have played a factor on its sales numbers. While Yorkville is equally close you wouldn't be able to generate any return on investment out of a luxury unit with student renters. I predict this building will eventually have so many students in it that it will function as an un-official student residence as several of the Bay street and Charles street condos do.

roximity to UofT and the resulting ease of rentability must have played a factor on its sales numbers. While Yorkville is equally close you wouldn't be able to generate any return on investment out of a luxury unit with student renters. I predict this building will eventually have so many students in it that it will function as an un-official student residence as several of the Bay street and Charles street condos do.

I think that makes sense especially since the lower prices may indicate smaller suite sizes which often turn into rentals. I would imagine some of the views will be pretty nice to if its brutalist neighbour doesn't block view of the city to the south.

And within staggering distance of the Ferret and Firkin and beer store. Perfect.

Yeah. Prices were quite good as well, starting at under $150K.

I checked out this project in March 2005, still have hte price list ... 441 sq. foot 1 bedrooms were 145k .... 619 sq. foot 1 + Den for 210k

Most of the units were not that cheap ... They had the one cheap unit to get people in the door but, most of the plans where 600 sq. foot and up

I checked out this project in March 2005, still have hte price list ... 441 sq. foot 1 bedrooms were 145k .... 619 sq. foot 1 + Den for 210k

Most of the units were not that cheap ... They had the one cheap unit to get people in the door but, most of the plans where 600 sq. foot and up

The prices were cheap for a very brief moment in time...they were quickly raised. The advertised staring price of $139K went up to near $200K in almost no time at all...the demand was so great they could afford to do it.

My girlfriend rents in the immediate area and looked to buy here.

She couldn't afford it. This project was costly to buy into.

^But for mom and dad back in Hong Kong a unit at Mosaic is chump change to buy and parachute their kids in for university.

Back