News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.4K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.7K     0 

I think that copy shop was there before Mosaic was built and had relocated during construction.

Urbandreamer, I have had the same thought many times regarding that Scotiabank branch at Bloor and Spadina. As a one-storey building, it has to be one of the most underutilized properties in the midtown area.

The Sutherland-Chan massage place was there before the construction of Mosaic, in an old house which was demolished. Don't know about the copy place, but any neighbourhood this close to the university can probably use another copy place.

Damn $400,000 for a third floor 900 sq Ft condo in a average area?..who designed this bland project?....

Damn $400,000 for a third floor 900 sq Ft condo in a average area?..who designed this bland project?....

This is actually a desirable area given its proximity to the subway and Spadina streetcar, the U of T, the Annex, Yorkville, and several prominent cultural institutions.

Desirable yes if you want TTC in front of your condo...paying $400,000 for average looking project in a uninteresting layout no.You must realize having a Tim Hortons or transit in front of your place doesnt mean paying for a badly designed project.If your idea of a desirable project means convience to the nearest store than this is the project for you.My view of desirable project is design,fit and finish,neighbors,what the condos offers (gym,theater,etc,etc),view.I see this project as renters heaven which is not good for those who want to live there long term.

I totally agree....the materials looks cheap...the layout is really not planned out well.I took a tour of this project and everything looks like its all below average materials and the lobby is screams out "budget materials".If your a non driver then its perfect,Bloor st..TTC..Bata..etc.etc but if you want to impress the better half this project is well over priced.I can think of 5 projects that has the "walkabout" factor that offers better finishes,better designed and more bang for the buck.

I wish I had the cash to buy a unit. I can't really think of a better location to live in the city (for me anyways).

You would not have regretted...the prices were good at time of initial sales, and now that the building is complete, buyers are enjoying a healthy appreciation.

yup buyers probably enjoyed a nice profit on their unit ... but that aside, I can not get myself to like the exterior design of Mosaic even though I look at it every day at work for 1 year ... and the floorplans are definitely poorly laid out

as unexciting as the rendering was ... its very sad the built product looks worst than the rendering with its undecorative slab panels

A1_4279.jpg

This is actually a desirable area given its proximity to the subway and Spadina streetcar, the U of T, the Annex, Yorkville, and several prominent cultural institutions.

Exactly. It may be bland, but the location is outstanding.

This building is not about its architecture, but about the location, which is truly outstanding...I have a pied a terre there which I use when in the city. 24 Hr dominion downstairs, 24 hr shoppers opposite , thai, indian , arabic, sushi...all at your doorstep....truly amazing spot.

This building is not about its architecture, but about the location, which is truly outstanding...I have a pied a terre there which I use when in the city. 24 Hr dominion downstairs, 24 hr shoppers opposite , thai, indian , arabic, sushi...all at your doorstep....truly amazing spot.

yeah that building is all about location...
note: Dominion is no longer there... Metro is what it's called now and I dunno if they are as fresh obsessed... hahaha

yeah that building is all about location...
note: Dominion is no longer there... Metro is what it's called now and I dunno if they are as fresh obsessed... hahaha

Dominion never was fresh obsessed anyway... also Metro have owned Dominion for a while. They are just making all of their stores have the same name now, instead of having a bunch of different names.

Back