News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

They were filming at the Metropolitan United Church at Queen and Church a couple of weeks ago.

Scott Pilgrim actually takes place in Toronto. Literally. It's not trying to be New York, or Chicago, which is always nice to see. There are a bunch of great shots of the city streets, CN Tower, Casa Loma, etc.

I'll always remember the original Resident Evil film as well, and the shots of the Pizza Pizza on Queen Street, along with the scene in the streetcar. And of course, the climactic fight at the end on City Hall.

I'll always remember the original Resident Evil film as well, and the shots of the Pizza Pizza on Queen Street, along with the scene in the streetcar. And of course, the climactic fight at the end on City Hall.

A bit of a nit-pick, but that was actually the second Resident Evil film, Apocalypse, which had the city scenes that required something like Toronto. The first film took place mainly indoors, and was shot in Berlin.

Last edited:
We may be able to shut down this thread if KPMG's recommendations to shut down the Toronto Film Office are approved in the fall. 11 City Hall salaries that bring in 1 billion dollars and thousands of good paying jobs into the local economy each year, that's just gravy.

A friend of mine said they might have been filming a bit of the Dark Knight Rises down by the Distillery District by the Porsche store.

A friend of mine said they might have been filming a bit of the Dark Knight Rises down by the Distillery District by the Porsche store.

really?
so far, TDKR has been filmed in India, and the UK, and is currently in Pittsburgh.
The final location is in Los Angeles,

Im quite sure it's not coming to Toronto, unless for some reason they haven't told the public, though i REALLY wish a film of that epicness/popularity could be filmed here.

Are you sure you're friend didn't get mixed up with a different movie?

Needless to say, the Dark Knight Rises will go down as one of the greatest movies of our time.

^ yeah I was pretty surprised myself when he said that too, but he claims to have seen something close to a 'batmoblie'

But yeah, the DKR will be pretty epic. Even spiderman is copying Chris Nolan with the dark/evil superhero movie

^ yeah I was pretty surprised myself when he said that too, but he claims to have seen something close to a 'batmoblie'

But yeah, the DKR will be pretty epic. Even spiderman is copying Chris Nolan with the dark/evil superhero movie

Word.... But the new spiderman actually looks pretty good... After seeing the trailer, i'm more hyped for that than the Avengers...

but even still... NOTHING even comes close to Batman!

Doesn't look like it...

Filming locations for
The Dark Knight Rises
(2012) More at IMDbPro »

Bucharest, Romania

Cardington, Bedfordshire, England, UK

England, UK

Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India

Los Angeles, California, USA

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA

Warner Brothers Burbank Studios - 4000 Warner Boulevard, Burbank, California, USA

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1345836/locations

The new Total Recall film shoots a car chase scene on the streets of Toronto. A video report from Sympatico.ca:
[video]http://en.video.sympatico.ca/index.php/en/video/entertainment/3/all-entertainment/110/most-watched-entertainment/529/total-recall-films-in-toronto/1080812673001[/video]

A friend of mine comes to Toronto from Nottingham each summer & stays with me. When he arrived in mid-June he told me with great excitement that just a short walk from where he lives "Dark Knight Rises" was filming at a location that is Wayne Manor. I'm a HUGE fan of Nolan's new Batman franchise. It's not Toronto related, but the film was mentioned as possibly being shot here :)

A friend of mine comes to Toronto from Nottingham each summer & stays with me. When he arrived in mid-June he told me with great excitement that just a short walk from where he lives "Dark Knight Rises" was filming at a location that is Wayne Manor. I'm a HUGE fan of Nolan's new Batman franchise. It's not Toronto related, but the film was mentioned as possibly being shot here :)

sweet....

One thing i dig about the recent Nolan movies, is the subconscious (or conscious) skyscraper/architecture ON TOP of making unbeatable movies. He made batman jump off the ICC, stand atop the Willis Tower, and in inception, created some crazy stuff!

And regarding Total Recall, anyone know if the film will actually take place in Toronto?.... i'm still waiting for a big film that shows off the CN tower ON PURPOSE! (not one of those, "look closely in the rear view mirror of the car and you can make out the silhouette of what appears to be the CN Tower")

Back