News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Nor can I enjoy Skittles the same way either.

Nor do I understand how this thread got so off topic.

I have to laugh at people who balk against being PC. They would rather be politically incorrect and sound like asses to the masses.

I am changing my vote to our very own Dame Edna for Mayor.

imo I think David Miller will not run and an another idealistic NDP'er like Kyle Rae or Adam Vaughan will try to take his place.

However, I think the conservative side of council will win next time as there is a significant amount of anger at Miller now, much more then in the last election.

imo I think David Miller will not run and an another idealistic NDP'er like Kyle Rae or Adam Vaughan will try to take his place.

Except neither are really that NDPish in the present tense: Vaughan's roots are Liberal, and Kyle Rae (perhaps mindful of his part-Rosedale constituency) seems to have positioned himself similarly, if not as explicitly as his namesake Bob...

I don't know those guys said that Tax hikes are nothing of great importance, and they are needed.

Really they look like the "out of touch of reality" type...

Toronto needs a mayor who can stand up to the unions.....that would be the #1 criteria for me. Only when that's accomplished will there be money to spend on infrastructure, etc. It's pretty hard to press other levels of government for support when they know that all they will be funding are pay raises for civic employees.

Toronto needs a mayor who can stand up to the unions.....that would be the #1 criteria for me. Only when that's accomplished will there be money to spend on infrastructure, etc. It's pretty hard to press other levels of government for support when they know that all they will be funding are pay raises for civic employees.

Kill the Unions, what's next privatizing health care. That's worked out really great for Americans. Let's follow their bad example.

Kill the Unions, what's next privatizing health care. That's worked out really great for Americans. Let's follow their bad example.

Your anti-americanism is getting the best of you. What does curbing civic wage growth have to do with health care and US policy/politics? Did I advocate for the privatization of health care? In fact, I would love for you to tell me how you would improve health care for welfare recipients in the 416, after their case workers decide that 70k a year isn't enough and go on strike.....

Perhaps you don't understand the concept of opportunity cost. Every dollar spent on wages takes away from funds for better services. Do you think that money for transit, parks and rec, police, fire, ambulance, etc. grows on trees?

I am not saying kill the unions. But they have to be reigned in. I doubt you would find sympathy in the 416 for city employees who make 60k a year and full benefits on the backs of taxpayers who make half that in many cases and usually get little to no benefits. I am all for fair wages, but I am also all for the city having a strong fiscal position. I am tired of seeing the unions demand exorbitant wage increases every time the city announces a tax increase or receives new grants from the feds or the province. How are we ever going to get decent infrastructure and social programs in the city, if wages keep eating up all the funds?

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/LAC.20080815.LABOUR15/TPStory/TPNational/Ontario/ - Somehow the unions don't feel that they should compromise during a downturn in our economy. Let's ask the unemployed ratepayers how they feel about this one....

We need a mayor who can keep the costs down during, what is likely to be a turbulent time for our city.

Really just siting on your computer and claiming everything is going great, really shows you are blind.

The city is loosing money and it had to resort to giant tax increases to cover it. Now tell me, when the Unions ask for another 4-5% wage increase, how much will your taxes go up by???

Back