News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

If this election results in Ford and Giambrone losing, I'll call it a royal flush.
Haven't you heard? Giambrone dropped out of the mayoral race. As for Ford ... I'm sure he'll simply drop out when the polling shows he doesn't even register, and he'll back in council.

The Toronto blog lefties are going to their damnedest to keep Ford in the race until the end (lots of them were apparently at his launch event last night near the airport) because it'll get him off council.

I love a good devious plan like that.

Giambrone hasn't declared that he'll run in his riding, either. I'm wondering if his plan is to step out of the spotlight for a few years, work in the political backroom, and then reemerge in 2014 a la Rossi to run for mayor then.

Why should these guys be allowed to run for mayor, then when their polling numbers don't look good, at the last minute, they jump back to running in their old ridings? It's not fair for new people who decided to run only after the ward seat was vacant. Everybody knows, it's next to impossible to unseat an encumbant. I think once they regester for mayor, they should no longer be able to run for city council in their old wards. That would make them all think twice and stop playing games.

Ford as mayor of Toronto, would be a disaster but funny as hell. (great for comedians and satire) Yep, quite a few lefties are playing politics by supporting Ford, just to get him out of the picture. (evil but politics is a dirty business)

Haven't you heard? Giambrone dropped out of the mayoral race.
Who hasn't?

I wasn't referring specifically to the mayoral election.

Why should these guys be allowed to run for mayor, then when their polling numbers don't look good, at the last minute, they jump back to running in their old ridings? It's not fair for new people who decided to run only after the ward seat was vacant. Everybody knows, it's next to impossible to unseat an encumbant. I think once they regester for mayor, they should no longer be able to run for city council in their old wards. That would make them all think twice and stop playing games.
I think there is a deadline sometime in September to declare one's 'final intention', but I like your idea. Someone changing their mind smacks of opportunism. If you put up a deposit to run, I'm okay with dropping out by a certain date (at least three months before the election IMO) but entering a different race in the same election should be prohibited. Politics should require some integrity, and should not be a shopping centre with a returns counter.

I was going to run for Mayor in 2010, but I don't think the City is ready for it yet.
I will let George take the reins for now, he needs to shake things up and clean up the incompetencies that corrupt this great city.

Come 2022, I will be Mayor and the revolution and emergence of Toronto will begin.
Until then, I will be listening to the people.

Amen! Socially ive with a mind for saving money.

This is what many people are waiting for, I was just at the mayoral candidates meeting in Scarborough.....both Rossi and Ford have a lot of angry suburban supporters. The kind who push for privatized services and no taxes. We need progressives who don't waste money, but they don't seem to exist!

I'm beginning to wonder if TheStar is in on the whole let's-support-Ford-so-he-loses-and-is-gone-from-council game. This guy has so much dirt on him that would fill weeks of pages and make their Giambrone run seem small by comparison.

This is what many people are waiting for, I was just at the mayoral candidates meeting in Scarborough.....both Rossi and Ford have a lot of angry suburban supporters. The kind who push for privatized services and no taxes. We need progressives who don't waste money, but they don't seem to exist!

Well, in the defence of the suburbians, it was obvious that they felt neglected by this administration. Flip the table, wound't you be angry if all of downtown tax dollars was going to suburbia projects?

Definately got heated, and interesting, when the shots started flying ,.

My favourite thing about last night's debate is how Ford is championing bringing Julian Fantino back as police chief.

It's just so baffling.

Also how he wants overturn a bylaw that protects trees. (And apparently this got applause?)

My favourite thing about last night's debate is how Ford is championing bringing Julian Fantino back as police chief.

It's just so baffling.

Also how he wants overturn a bylaw that protects trees. (And apparently this got applause?)

did you bike up there? lol

It's just so baffling.

Not being allowed to cut down a tree you own is something coming form somewhere other than Toronto has always puzzled me. In Calgary where there is no such law there are still plenty of trees, and they don't have a bunch of civil servants going around pushing paper about it.

Back