News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

LOL!

But Seriously, there's lost of people from the burbs, on the Ford Wagon, because they care about taxes and nothing else.

Does Ford even have another platform?

Quite. So far, the only pro-Ford propaganda I've seen was a bumper sticker on a car....in Ajax.

Actually, only a couple of days after his launch, I spotted a bumper sticker at Dupont and Ossington, of all places...

Read the comments. Some people in Toronto are an absolute fucking joke.
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/arti...would-be-a-disaster-as-toronto-mayor#comments
http://www.thestar.com/opinion/article/788536--rob-ford-would-be-a-disaster-as-toronto-mayor

Rob Ford loves to portray himself as the champion of the little guy, a lone wolf fighting on behalf of taxpayers fed up with waste and incompetence at city hall.

It's a role Ford has honed to perfection during his 10 years as a Toronto City Councillor.

Now, the combative councillor from Etobicoke North is taking his act out across the city as he mounts a full-scale campaign to become the city's next mayor.

Don't take those comments seriously. It's always the same group of wingnuts that post to TheStar and other papers' comments sections. It's not representative of Toronto's thinking.

I hope not. I am beyond tired of this whining about taxes bullshit. It's like we have no other problems in this city.

Most of them are people who don't even live in the city. Those are actually the Toronto haters. (lots of those on both the Star and Sun web sites)

With John Laschinger managing his campaign, Pantalone's bid seems to be gaining steam. Laschinger is probably still stinging from Giambrone's collapse but I think he can make Pantalone a serious contender. I was a Miller supporter for both his terms and a Pantalone supporter as a councillor for my ward but I'm still unconvinced about Mayor Pantalone.

I'm leaning towards Smitherman because I think we can benefit from such a strong connection to Queen's Park. He's an insider and can twist a few arms to get the Province on our side. As long as Smitherman comes up with a good short term transit policy that either goes ahead with Transit City or provides a solution for ongoing subway building, I think I can get behind his campaign.

Last edited:
I don't think Pantalone has a chance in Hades, but that's me. His closeness to Miller is far too much of an impediment.

Well, maybe one small chance, if he can turn this election into a one-issue race like Miller managed to way back when.

Smitherman's campaign manager resigned yesterday, which is interesting. Announcing it on a Friday afternoon means they were trying to sneak the news past everybody.

I'm wondering if their internal polling was showing that Smitherman wasn't as strong as they thought. Maybe this will finally convince him that his "I have no real policies except being a tough guy!" schtick isn't a good idea.

Pantalone will do better than a lot of people think, because David Miller isn't really as reviled as a lot of people think. How he does ultimately depends very much on how far to the left or right Smitherman goes when he actually starts discussing the issues.

Smitherman's campaign manager resigned yesterday, which is interesting. Announcing it on a Friday afternoon means they were trying to sneak the news past everybody.

I'm wondering if their internal polling was showing that Smitherman wasn't as strong as they thought. Maybe this will finally convince him that his "I have no real policies except being a tough guy!" schtick isn't a good idea.

Pantalone will do better than a lot of people think, because David Miller isn't really as reviled as a lot of people think. How he does ultimately depends very much on how far to the left or right Smitherman goes when he actually starts discussing the issues.

This is smitherman's election to lose. And if he does lose say hello to Mayor Rob Ford.

Rob Ford will only become Mayor if the media is complicit in his election. They went after Giambrone for a personal failure which ultimately led to him dropping out but they won't cover Rob Ford's many personal failures and scandals?

Like another poster here suggested, I think the media is just keeping it low to ensure that Ford remains in the race and doesn't return to council after this election.

Nonetheless, if the media won't pull the trigger, his opponents will. Look for negative ads exposing Rob Ford in the fall.

Smitherman won't attack Ford too hard as the calculus is that Ford's vote would in turn go to Rossi. If he (Ford) is riding at lets say 15% going past labour day it will get ugly mostly through the media, and if that isn't enough then direct attacks from Rossi.

Last edited:
Yeah, Rossi will win the mayor's seat long before Ford. You can't win with purely suburban support. Rossi's appealing to the same "Bikes are a huge problem!" crowd but has more downtown credibility.

Back