News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Commercial, of course, and Toronto is set to build lots of it due to an ideal tax structure that promotes new business growth!

Have you heard otherwise?

Care to share the list?

Originally Posted by GraphicMatt

It also continues to make me wonder what the hell Big-L Liberals stand for, because it sounds like they'll just adopt whatever policies might get them elected at any given time.

Isn't that their raison d'etre?

Reminds me of the closing scene of the Red Green show, can't you just see them standing with their hands over their hearts chanting "We are Liberals, but we can change if we have to".

Again, net costs.

'Waste diversion' means we ship our recyclables to china and India. Is it 'green' to ship it across the atlantic/pacific/ (what ever the shipping route now) and allow it to be processed in countries with limited/no environmental laws?

Now is the idea poorly implemented, or is the idea just a diversion/political soundbyte to get buy in from the general clueless public?

Politics at it's finest. I'm not saying any other administration, short of perhaps a hard core 'green' party candidate would be different, but don't package it and try to sound like it's 'green', because the only green aspect of it is the money that's exchanged.

Last edited:
Sarah Thomson is going to announce her bike policy this Wednesday @ 3pm | Redroom 444 Spadina Av.

It's entitled... wait for it: BikeCity!

Hopefully the 401 will be made into a large bicycle-way, and vehicular traffic will be permanently diverted to Steeles Avenue.

I'm looking forward to this announcement as I'm fairly certain it will include the fast tracking of the RailPath. A bike only path that crosses the city from NW-S-NE will certainly provide many commuters with an alternative to driving/transit.

High density what? Commercial or residential?

Both kinds. Better to have mixed use than single-use. Commercial (stores and offices) on the lower floors and residential higher up. Of course, it would depend on what are they replacing and if the parking lots get hidden.

However, the last council made a mistake by approving a new by-law where a landowner may no longer charge for visitor parking. Don't agree with that at all. See this link.

Last edited:
Both kinds. Better to have mixed use than single-use. Commercial (stores and offices) on the lower floors and residential higher up. Of course, it would depend on what are they replacing and if the parking lots get hidden.

However, the last council made a mistake by approving a new by-law where a landowner may no longer charge for visitor parking. Don't agree with that at all. See this link.

The research that I have looked at points to a high correlation to employment density, not so much for population.

So, Rossi had added "recall" to his platform.

I wonder when the dunce is going to quit this race. Anyone who is thinking will realize that the "recall" issue wouldn't get on the ballot; it is subject to legislation first. Rossi is now reduced to grandstanding, big time. Oh well, maybe he and Ford will split the idiot vote. So, this could be a good thing.

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/tor...et-voters-fire-mayor-mid-term-rossi-says?bn=1

McGuinty already pouring cold water on it, sez the Globe.

Of course he will, provincial libs are stacked behind Smithers, didn't you get the memo?
Their shipping him off as fast as they can due to Ehealth and sole sourced Samsung deal. Deputy Premier that could have potentially been premier doesn't step down to run for a city that's debunked!

When was the last time our Mayoral election received so much provincial and federal attention!

The real question is, will mcguinty be in power in 2011?
Tory's are saying they might get as many as 4 seats in Toronto.

Rossi should have asked for more Mayoral powers, like Chicago and New York.

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this announcement as I'm fairly certain it will include the fast tracking of the RailPath. A bike only path that crosses the city from NW-S-NE will certainly provide many commuters with an alternative to driving/transit.

I'm all for that....but the City doesn't own the land. It's mostly in Metrolinx's hands to give a slice of that corridor over to the City to fit in the south/east extension of the Railpath. It sounds like they're playing nicely now and there's a good chance it will happen.

Any candidate can promise anything about this, but it's partially out of their control. Plus, the City is already working towards getting this done. Another promise to do it wouldn't exactly be a mind-blowing announcement.

Back