News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

About 100 people gathered in front of Queen’s Park, chanting slogans demanding Ford “open up Ontario” and end all emergency measures, with some carrying signs claiming the novel coronavirus is a hoax.

Seems to me that our public education system might be a hoax if it's producing such finely educated citizenry.

Video of the Queen's Park protesters today:

2j6lod.jpg

Does UV Light Kill Coronavirus?

From link.

UV Light Kills Coronavirus

For several decades, it has been known by scientists that broad-spectrum germicidal UV light, with wavelengths between 200 and 400 nanometers (nm), is very effective at killing bacteria and viruses by destroying bonds that hold their DNA together. This standard UV light is often used to decontaminate surgical equipment. Unfortunately, these conventional germicidal UV lights are also a health hazard to humans and can lead to skin cancer and cataracts, which prevents the use of UV light in public spaces.

The virus is sensitive to ultraviolet heat and light, so radiation from ultraviolet light can eliminate the virus effectively, according to the latest guideline on diagnosis and treatment of the coronavirus released by the National Health Commissions.

Coronavirus UV Lights In Your AC System?

In air conditioning systems, UV light destroys harmful microorganisms, including mold, mildew, fungi, bacteria, and viruses like SARS-CoV-19. You can incorporate these lights into your home air conditioning system. UV lights are typically installed near your primary AC coil or in your ductwork. Microorganisms that pass within the UV bulb’s line of sight will be destroyed.

UV lights are quite easy to install, though the job is best entrusted to a professional service technician. (An HVAC expert will know how to place the lights for maximum effectiveness.) Air conditioning UV lights are usually mounted with magnets. Bulbs last for roughly 12 months, and you can easily replace them yourself. The electricity required to run UV lights typically only costs about $2 per month.

If installed properly, you MUST not see the UV light inside the air ducts.

uv_germicidal_1-168x300.jpg

From link.

Why would you need UV lights in your climate control unit? SARS isn't spread through forced air climate control.

Also, relying on UV light to kill viruses is a bit of a mug's game if one doesn't know what they're up to. Hospitals use some UV tools to disinfect rooms and equipment but it's not foolproof, especially in the hands of just anyone on the street....I mean, check the video above for examples of the kinds of people out there. :D

What can one say?

One doesn't say anything. One laughs at the cruel jokes the universe likes to play. I think it's beautiful in how some humans illustrate how advanced as a species we are: in spite of our best efforts, we've actually beat natural selection.

PS: Go check my gardening thread, I feel like you'd know what I need to know.

I just saw a news clip. One sign said 'don't feed our kids poisen'. :rolleyes:

I poisened myself last night/this morning with IPAs. Feels like poisen anyway. Poisen is more toxic than poison, duh.

No one's feeding kids IPAs.

I'm assuming they were referring to vaccines. Unfortunately, there is no vaccine for wilful ignorance.

Why would you need UV lights in your climate control unit? SARS isn't spread through forced air climate control.

Also, relying on UV light to kill viruses is a bit of a mug's game if one doesn't know what they're up to. Hospitals use some UV tools to disinfect rooms and equipment but it's not foolproof, especially in the hands of just anyone on the street....I mean, check the video above for examples of the kinds of people out there. :D

From link.

...The scientists found that SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes the new disease COVID-19, was detectable in the air for up to three hours, up to four hours on copper, up to 24 hours on cardboard, and up to two to three days on plastic and stainless steel. For those reasons, officials recommend washing hands, cleaning surfaces and “social distancing” in public spaces...

Of course, there is natural UV light during sunlight hours, less during cloudy periods, and none at night.

Yes, but any air that passes through a climate control unit is filtered. Droplets can't pass through those filters and it's through droplets that SARS is transmitted.

Facts.

There is conjecture that on at least one occasion at a restaurant in China that the AC had something to do with transmission. People were infected at neighbouring tables. It has been on a few newscasts (including Anderson Cooper's interview with the mayor of Las Vegas which is something to see, but I digress). My first thought was that it would have more likely been the server, moving from table to table, who transmitted the virus, but I haven't heard anything about that -- the discussion seems to revolve around air flow.

Back