News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

The whole haircut thing is interesting. It hasn't been that long! It's not like we all look like ZZTop or something.

In my case I last got a haircut at the start of February. I am starting to lose the front section of hair so the hair that has grown in for the past 2.5 months is unkempt. It is messy and there is not really much I can do to style it.

Haircuts are not technically essential but eventually I will begin to look like a slob unless I decide to shave it all off.

There is conjecture that on at least one occasion at a restaurant in China that the AC had something to do with transmission. People were infected at neighbouring tables. It has been on a few newscasts (including Anderson Cooper's interview with the mayor of Las Vegas which is something to see, but I digress). My first thought was that it would have more likely been the server, moving from table to table, who transmitted the virus, but I haven't heard anything about that -- the discussion seems to revolve around air flow.

There are always going to be anomalies in any set of data. Also, as you say yourself, it's only conjecture, and of course it's theoretically possible for droplets to move through forced air conduits but unlikely as the air intake is filtered, or should be.

What can one say?

There's also been a significant increase in calls to poison control in Illinois:

In my case I last got a haircut at the start of February. I am starting to lose the front section of hair so the hair that has grown in for the past 2.5 months is unkempt. It is messy and there is not really much I can do to style it.

Haircuts are not technically essential but eventually I will begin to look like a slob unless I decide to shave it all off.
We're all in the same boat. Some people are cutting their own. But really, in the big scheme of things, a bit of long hair is the least of our worries.

Looking scruffy is great. It's keeping the ladies off me which is good because one never knows what sorts of diseases they could be carrying during these plague times.

COVID-19 rips bandage off the open wound that is our nursing home system

Pandemic has exposed the dismaying inadequacies of Canada's long-term care system for seniors

Dr. Amit Arya · for CBC News Opinion
Posted: Apr 26, 2020 4:00 AM ET

Any "business" that includes former Premier Mike Harris as a member of their board, can be suspect.

From link in the Chartwell Retirement Residences website.

Management & Directors

Michael D. Harris
Chair of the Board

Mr. Harris is a senior business advisor at Fasken Martineau DuMoulin LLP, a law firm, and was previously a senior business advisor at Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP and prior to that at Goodmans LLP. Mr. Harris was the Premier of the Province of Ontario from 1995 to 2002. He is a member of the Board of Directors of Canaccord Genuity Group Inc., FirstService Corporation, Route 1 Inc. (Chair), Element Financial Corporation, and is a former Director and Chair of Magna International Inc. and a former Director of Augen Capital Corporation (former Chair) and EnGlobe Corporation (former Chair). He received his ICD.D designation in April 2005.

Most of today's numbers for Ontario are flattish.

No change in the number of people on ventilator.

A modest increase in the numbers in hospital and in ICU.

The good news comes in testing with new cases dropping to 3.1% growth, that's the lowest increase since early March, on more than 12,000 tests yesterday.

Deaths were also down with 24; and the resolved rate is now over 55%

Last edited:
WHO clarifies 'immunity passport' advice
The World Health Organization (WHO) has sought to clarify the advice it published on Saturday about so-called “immunity passports”, which could be issued to people who have recovered from Covid-19 on the assumption that they would be immune to reinfection.
The WHO alarmed some in the scientific community when it said, in a briefing note published on Saturday, that “there is currently no evidence that people who have recovered from Covid-19 and have antibodies are protected from a second infection”.
Experts said the WHO should have said there was “currently insufficient evidence” instead of “no evidence”.
Late last night, the Geneva-based body walked back its statement, saying: “We expect that most people who are infected with #COVID19 will develop an antibody response that will provide some level of protection.” See the WHO’s tweets below:

Is the WHO really trying to undermine themselves?

I wonder if the university campuses are the problem there.

There are a lot of manufacturing companies in the Waterloo area and in Ontario still running full production, a lot of them aren't essential but they are allowed to run because Ford's essential service list is a joke.

Is the WHO really trying to undermine themselves?

They were undermining themselves when they put diplomatic arse-tonguing ahead of science. So, they're good at it.

There were lessons learnt after the Ebola epidemic of a few years back and none of those lessons were integrated into operations. Which is how they ended up failing again.

In the Ebola epidemic, Guinea were found to have been concealing the local outbreak as China did with this SARS virus.

Look at the list of countries that paid no heed to the WHO's recommendations and how well they've done in this pandemic:

New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan, etc

The WHO put their diplomatic efforts too keep any info out of China coming ahead of their duty as medical professionals.

The WHO have undermined their credibility with their refusal to admonish the Chinese cover-up that, if acknowledged, could have prevented this from becoming a global problem in the first place. It could have easily been contained to Wuhan.

Back