News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Further improvement in Ontario's numbers today!

Case growth 1.5% (a new low)

Resolved cases outnumbered new cases by 95

Resolved rate up to 73.0%

# in hospital down 55 dropping the number below 1,000 again.

# in ICU down 8

# on Ventilator down 18

Tests off a bit number from yesterday but still above 17,000

The figures are always interesting but the lack of detail means it is hard to really see what's happening. Is hospital, ICU and ventilator use down because people died? It would be good to see figures of how long people stay in hospital etc etc.. Individuals could also fit into several categories - a newly diagnosed case who is immediately admitted to hospital, put into ICU and onto a ventilator. The figure of 55 fewer in hospital is great but does it mean that fewer new people - from the smaller number of new cases - are entering hospital or that more of those there have recovered (or died?).

The figures are always interesting but the lack of detail means it is hard to really see what's happening. Is hospital, ICU and ventilator use down because people died? It would be good to see figures of how long people stay in hospital etc etc.. Individuals could also fit into several categories - a newly diagnosed case who is immediately admitted to hospital, put into ICU and onto a ventilator. The figure of 55 fewer in hospital is great but does it mean that fewer new people - from the smaller number of new cases - are entering hospital or that more of those there have recovered (or died?).

35 died yesterday. So the drop in hospitalizations was greater than deaths.

As for detailed charts/graphs............

From the Twitter Account of Jennifer Kwan, MD, whose charts/graphs I have found incredibly useful.

1589124895468.png

1589125000919.png

I can see a demand for condos with a "real" office (with a door) going up for the coming future. None of those "den" alcove condos without doors. Maybe an extra room for a playroom for the kids.

The plague of stunt driving idiots continues:

Scores of cars congregate in Toronto before allegedly racing on highways: police

Toronto police are investigating after dozens of vehicles congregated in a parking lot before allegedly racing along nearby streets and highways.

Const. Alex Li says there were between 150 and 200 vehicles in the west Toronto parking lot before officers arrived on Saturday at about 11 p.m.

They were reportedly doing donuts and other stunts in what Li describes as being like a scene out of “Fast & Furious”.

Li says that when officers got to the scene, the vehicles sped off and allegedly raced on different highways.

'Unbelievable': Young driver caught allegedly speeding 308 km/h on Ontario highway

The OPP says they caught a young driver allegedly speeding at 308 kilometres an hour on the QEW Saturday night.

“This is the fastest speed that I’ve ever heard of,” OPP Sgt. Kerry Schmidt said in a video posted to Twitter Sunday morning.

Schmidt said that the 19-year-old driver was in his father’s car at the time of the incident with another 19-year-old passenger alongside him.

A really excellent Twitter thread from Jonathan Kay, whose examination of how Covid spreads has been truly informative, so much so that his work has been picked by professional epidemiologists for further study.

The latest examination of an Super Spreading event dates from March and involved a Dutch choir.

1589134667884.png

Companies, as with governments really need to learn that cover-ups or misrepresentations only tend to dig deeper holes.

I got an email from Downtown Mercedes the day they got positive test results for an employee who hadn't been in for more than two weeks prior to that date.
They laid out exactly when the last time that employee was at work and that there was another employee who had been in close contact with the positive employee and when they were last in (both April 23, the email was from the 7th of May).

They immediately closed for sanitisation the same day they got the positive result in.

Yeah people heard the parks are opening

My friends all just made plans to go for hikes.

People are really starting to care less it seems.

Yeah people heard the parks are opening

My friends all just made plans to go for hikes.

People are really starting to care less it seems.

A friend of mine living in the South Okanagan told me her whole crew there just gave up recently. They had some sort of bbq thingy yesterday. Her explanation was fooooking idiotic though. ?

I still haven't left my post code except for work in the last 7 weeks....8 weeks?

I really hope to go camping next weekend but I can't even replenish my gear properly because MEC is friggin closed so I don't know. I could go all half-prepped.....hasn't killed me before.

I need camping in my life else I may as well be dead.

Camping won't be allowed for months.

Why would you think that?

Camping on Crown land is the epitome of physical AND social distancing. The fact that it was disallowed in the first place speaks more to the government's panic than anything else.

I don't camp anywhere else but in the wild so I'm not sure why it should be disallowed for months.

Even if it is, they can shoot me dead if they think they're keeping me off the land for Canada Day week.

In fact, it's beyond ridiculous. My industry (custom residential construction) was never closed but camping in the bush was.

Makes sense. :rolleyes:

I'm trying to keep away from people. Let me do it. No one will even know I'm there.

I'm good enough to risk life by going to work to build playthings for the wealthy and Doug's buddies, then I'm good enough to go camping.

"No having fun. Only work! Work, slave, work!!!"

Last edited:
And Ricky over here thinks I'm a troll and a danger to the public and the reason people are getting infected just because I want to go camping on Crown land.

All it takes is one person to cause an outbreak. That being said the public health guidelines and the directives issued by the province are to avoid camping not ignore that directive and do it anyway.

You may think it is safe BUT that does not mean it is. What about the people you come into contact with on your way there and back? Crown land is isolated but do you really think that it is safe to travel across the province and go camping right now?

Even asymptomatic people can be carriers.

Last edited:
All it takes is one person to cause an outbreak. That being said the public health guidelines and the directives issued by the province are to avoid camping not ignore that directive and do it anyway.

You may think it is safe BUT that does not mean it is. What about the people you come into contact with on your way there and back? Crown land is isolated but do you really think that it is safe to travel across the province and go camping right now?

Even asymptomatic people can be carriers.

In Canada, we are not lockdown and most of the death is in senior homes. Therefore people will not accept to sit at home for a year. You can desire or socially shame people all you like but it just wont happen...

Most activities can be done safely with social distancing and hygiene and masks when near others. The fear is gone from people so saying to people "you are to dumb to go to a park" is not really effective after 2-3 months. So we are left in a bind, either Govt puts the foot down or it allows things to open slowly in a controlled way.

Its the fault of Govt and the mgmt of senior for not protecting those places better.

As I said we are given Binary choices here... "STAY AT HOME OR YOU WILL KILL EVERYONE" when its not a binary choice.

I am sure people can go camping very spread apart are far less of a risk than people going grocery right now or using the TTC currently.

Last edited:

Back