News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Interesting phraseology, and accurate. All it seems government health bureaucracies can do is attempt to herd the cats of for-profit (high profit) providers and attempt to provide some kind of score-keeping.

Well, individual governors may have more powers (varies by State) to manage certain resources and even determine where patients go.

But the challenge there is, even where such powers exist, the bureaucracy isn't necessarily set up to make use of them.

You need access to patient records and admissions, and capacity reports, and ppe stock levels.

Many hospitals may share this voluntarily, but there is no centralized software tracking that makes it easy.

Yeah sounds harsh but people have decided they not gonna stay home to save someones, 80-year-old grandpa, for a year.

Those restrictions were implemented to protect the health care system, not anyone in particular. Now that hospitals appear to manage, some can be lifted and it's totally understandable. But I'll be staying home indefinitely to protect my otherwise very fit but diabetic 67-old husband, and my hyperproductive business partner will also be staying home indefinitely to protect himself due to preexisting conditions. So it's not all about 80-year-old gramps, whose lives have no less value - and perhaps even more - than the aforementioned people. It will be interesting to see what will be done with other workers who aren't lucky enough to be self-employed and able to work at home, but who are in a similar situation.

Who needs a vaccine when we have Trump's insight:

Trump says Covid-19 will 'go away without vaccine', expects US death toll to top 95,000

One hopes that he will he go away in a similar fashion, that is, without having to be actively disposed of.

Well, ya know, that's important, I guess. In parts of Quebec and N/E Ontario, they'll probably just call it 'le Covid' or something.

Google reports 10 million more occurrences of the masculine gender... but in Canada the feminine was chosen.

Those restrictions were implemented to protect the health care system, not anyone in particular. Now that hospitals appear to manage, some can be lifted and it's totally understandable. But I'll be staying home indefinitely to protect my otherwise very fit but diabetic 67-old husband, and my hyperproductive business partner will also be staying home indefinitely to protect himself due to preexisting conditions. So it's not all about 80-year-old gramps, whose lives have no less value - and perhaps even more - than the aforementioned people. It will be interesting to see what will be done with other workers who aren't lucky enough to be self-employed and able to work at home, but who are in a similar situation.

I know but that is my point, people will do a few months of lockdown for others

But if they dont have someone to take care of or themselves they will over time pretty much think "whatever'

Like I am saying society and govt is relying to much on selflessness to get over this but in times of crisis that can vanish pretty fast.

Snowing in mid may

Covid cancelled global warming ?

I fear it might be my fault. Winter tires came off and heavy coats downstairs a couple of days ago. Sorry.

IMG_1423.JPG

Ontario is opening its Provincial Parks this week **** For Day Use only (ie. hiking, and biking); but campsites remain closed as to all parks facilities (offices, washrooms etc.)

Ontario is opening its Provincial Parks this week **** For Day Use only (ie. hiking, and biking); but campsites remain closed as to all parks facilities (offices, washrooms etc.)

I like this but realistically some of the parks should have remained closed. Algonquin will be a mess and there is nowhere near enough staff to patrol it to the point where the OPP may be better off during aerial patrols with their copters. The popularity of this particular park is such that tourists flock in droves to the trails there. I have heard stories of tour buses, large SUVs, etc parking on the side of the road to use the trails.

Some parks like Sibbalds are not an issue but the more popular parks should remain closed until this whole situation is done and over with.

Are tour buses currently operating? There's still the 5 person rule, so I don't think they can be.

No but you will still have an armada of SUVs, Sedans and various other personal vehicles using the trails which was what I was getting at.

Some parks are more popular than others leading to potential problems.

Algonquin is the size of some small European countries and has some of the best views in the province. People will flock there.

Back