8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Snowing in mid may

Covid cancelled global warming ?

Don't be daft.

Global warming doesn't mean that we're all going to be cooking up at all times.

Someone of your age should know this. I expect this sort of bollocks from the over 50 crowd.

Snowing in mid may

Covid cancelled global warming ?

Forecast high of 20°C in Yellowknife, YT today. 18°C for Sunday, 21°C for Monday, and 22°C for Tuesday. All for Yellowknife in the Yukon. See link.

Canada hot spot is 25.5 °C Bella Coola Airport, BC.

Don't be daft.

Global warming doesn't mean that we're all going to be cooking up at all times.

Someone of your age should know this. I expect this sort of bollocks from the over 50 crowd.
I assumed it was just sarcasm, although today is one of those days where the entire cabal of climate change deniers are coming out out the woodwork to declare the end of global warming over a single weather event.

I assumed it was just sarcasm, although today is one of those days where the entire cabal of climate change deniers are coming out out the woodwork to declare the end of global warming over a single weather event.

I actually thought to myself how I took it way too seriously. I'm always on people for taking everything too seriously and then there I go and do it up myself.
Proper failing on my part. Thanks for calling that out.

I like this but realistically some of the parks should have remained closed. Algonquin will be a mess and there is nowhere near enough staff to patrol it to the point where the OPP may be better off during aerial patrols with their copters. The popularity of this particular park is such that tourists flock in droves to the trails there. I have heard stories of tour buses, large SUVs, etc parking on the side of the road to use the trails.

Some parks like Sibbalds are not an issue but the more popular parks should remain closed until this whole situation is done and over with.

yeah, don't worry....we still can't camp on Crown land....oh, wait.

Iiiiideeeeeot government.

Me and my merry band of degens are off next weekend anyway.

The Muskoka crowd are allowed to go to their cottages so I'm going to mine.

We're already breaking drugs laws so whatever. You won't even know we're there. ;)

I like this but realistically some of the parks should have remained closed. Algonquin will be a mess and there is nowhere near enough staff to patrol it to the point where the OPP may be better off during aerial patrols with their copters. The popularity of this particular park is such that tourists flock in droves to the trails there. I have heard stories of tour buses, large SUVs, etc parking on the side of the road to use the trails.

Some parks like Sibbalds are not an issue but the more popular parks should remain closed until this whole situation is done and over with.

One problem with Algonquin is that it is traversed by an unrestricted provincial highway. It is large but most of the public access outside of canoe set-ins is grouped around the Hwy 60 corridor. The MNRF will no doubt close the campgrounds which are generally separate from the trails and other day use areas. Attempting to maintain social distancing and group numbers will likely be no easier or harder than any other park. Certainly, trying to do it from the air would be a waste of time. Besides, the OPP has two (possibly three - they were working on funding) helicopters for the entire province. Tthe MNRF has their own aviation services; although fire season is upon us.

Parks that are proximate to the GTA, like Sibbalds, Earl Rowe see a lot of day use, not to mention conservation areas.

I think one of the harder areas to control will be Wasaga Beach - not just Beach 1 and 2, the whole thing. Only part of it is a provincial park and I'm not sure even most locals know what is provincial, municipal and private land.

The Loblaws at Dupont & Christie has closed and reopened twice in the span of the last few weeks.

Looks like store management have not been transparent with the extent of the infections, and measures to contain it have not been handled properly.

According to an anonymous staff member, there's been around 20 confirmed cases and that approximately 40 staff are currently in self isolation.

Another outbreak reported at Toronto Western Hospital today.

The number of patients and staff infected has not been released. Last week, officials confirmed that four separate outbreaks had been declared at the hospital.

At my office for the first time in five weeks this morning to see if everything is in order. I found a memo from our landlord about the Ontario-Canada Emergency Commercial Rent Assistance Program... they say they don't have the details yet, but when they do, they will decide, in their sole discretion, whether or not to participate - and only for tenants who continue to pay their rents in the meantime! Let's face it Justin, your programs just aren't that great. I'm glad I don't need them for now.

The Loblaws at Dupont & Christie has closed and reopened twice in the span of the last few weeks.

Looks like store management have not been transparent with the extent of the infections, and measures to contain it have not been handled properly.

According to an anonymous staff member, there's been around 20 confirmed cases and that approximately 40 staff are currently in self isolation.

Companies, as with governments really need to learn that cover-ups or misrepresentations only tend to dig deeper holes.

Most people (and customers) get that everything from bad luck to mistakes happen.

They just expect it to be dealt with responsibly.

Longos here looks good, when they had a second incident at the same store, they closed it for 14 days to allow for full self-isolation of all staff; and a deep cleaning.

They also have moved ahead on the mask requirement. Based on evidence I've seen, masks for customers don't likely affect spread materially in a socially-distant setting.

But masks for workers do help combat spread.

That said, whether this was done in order to make workers feel better or the public or w/e it shows attention being paid, and caution.

Where Loblaws shows something else.

On the topic of Covid outbreaks in food processing plants, here are some from Ontario based operations in the past few days:

44 cases confirmed at Conestoga Meats in the Waterloo region

At least 25 cases at the Maple Lodge Farms poultry plant in Brampton

Two cases at separate meat processing plants operated by Sofina Foods

Further improvement in Ontario's numbers today!

Case growth 1.5% (a new low)

Resolved cases outnumbered new cases by 95

Resolved rate up to 73.0%

# in hospital down 55 dropping the number below 1,000 again.

# in ICU down 8

# on Ventilator down 18

Tests off a bit number from yesterday but still above 17,000

Back