News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

There are 88,591 confirmed cases already, I hope this doesn't gets worse.
89,068 now according to BNO News:

From CBC News:

A potentially greater threat to Canada: the U.S.

The epidemic in Iran may lead to spread the COVID-19 virus widely in the Middle East, but when it comes to Canada, Iran is not the source Dr. Fisman and many of his colleagues are most concerned about. Canada is relatively unconnected with Iran, which makes it possible we can successfully deal with the flow of infected people from that nation.

"I think for Canada, the place we're really connected to is the United States," he said. While he has great respect for his public health colleagues in the U.S., "Some of the politics there really looks ... from this side of the border, like it might be interfering with their outbreak response."

He also points to technical problems the U.S. Centers for Disease Control has had with testing kits, that may have hampered their ability to test as thoroughly as we're doing in Canada, which, he said, "To my mind suggests they're probably missing a lot more cases than we are."

AoD

Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 10.38.09 AM.jpg

Clear, factual information can be found at https://www.oha.com/news/updates-on-the-novel-coronavirus and at https://www.ontario.ca/page/2019-novel-coronavirus

What a mess. Who really wants to take crowded TTC or GO at this point? If you can work from home, you should.
For a corona virus with such low mortality, I’d take my chances. You’re more likely to die from some nutbar pushing you onto the tracks than die from transit-related corona virus.

It’s a great time for buying stocks though. I made a good profit buying during the 2008 panic, and will do the same now.

For a corona virus with such low mortality, I’d take my chances. You’re more likely to die from some nutbar pushing you onto the tracks than die from transit-related corona virus.

It’s a great time for buying stocks though. I made a good profit buying during the 2008 panic, and will do the same now.

March 2, 2020 is the deadline for contributing to an RRSP for the 2019 tax year. So when the "bottom" show up in the rest of 2020 for your next contribution? It could be after the coronavirus finally runs it course, but could take a while after to recover.

Canada has a travel ban to and from Iran:

Let me bring the nutjob again:

As much as I strongly disagree with practically the rest of his channel, he has a point if China were replaced with Iran (though not a good one, since I still stand by my points about a travel ban).

Last edited:
It's rather interesting in Europe they seem to be taking some rather drastic measures or have some rather darstic plans about what may happen.

European countries have a distant memory or some memory of taking Extreme Measures in Times of emergencies but I don't think we have that same experience or national memory here in Canada.

It will be interesting to see how this impacts March and Spring breaks for Canada/US elementary, high school and college/university students. Is anyone booking a Disney Cruise for March break right now?
That will be very interesting.

Amusement Insiders even have something to say about the virus and theme parks:

Family was just at Disney, it was as crowded as ever. However, Florida just declared a public health emergency after two suspected cases were identified ... although I believe that's something they do in order to secure federal funding if needed. California did it without any suspected cases. Wash your hands, folks. Stay home if you feel sick. If you are a normal, healthy person the risk is low. If you haven't already, get the flu shot -- I know it's not a vaccine for this virus, but it help keep you healthy and less susceptible.

Yes stay home when you are sick!! Don't go shopping, don't go to work, don't leave the house. At every place i worked at, people go to work sick as a dog looking like death, so they can save sick days for those hot summer months when they get "sick" and have to rest on a beach.

Back