News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

No prizes for guessing who won the Ig Nobel Prize for Medical Education this year: https://www.improbable.com/ig-about/winners/

Jair Bolsonaro of Brazil, Boris Johnson of the United Kingdom, Narendra Modi of India, Andrés Manuel López Obrador of Mexico, Alexander Lukashenko of Belarus, Donald Trump of the USA, Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey, Vladimir Putin of Russia, and Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedow of Turkmenistan, for using the Covid-19 viral pandemic to teach the world that politicians can have a more immediate effect on life and death than scientists and doctors can.
REFERENCE: Numerous news reports.

Many countries are reporting thousands of cases each day but only a few deaths so its a global trend.

The mass death seen NYC and North Italy required millions of infections rather then a few thousand cases that were actually reported. The amount of testing going on we are now catching most of the new cases then a small fraction.

So we may have had 400 cases in April but it likely was tens of thousands or even way higher.

NOW, if we let things go to wild and allow millions to get infected we will face a NYC problem.
Doesn't seem to be supported by anti-body testing of blood donors, etc. Less than 1% in Canada have been infected.

Its based on timing of the day

I was in and out in 30 mind at scaraborugh hospital but I went an hour before close last week

Erin O’Toole’s wife, Rebecca, has tested positive for COVID-19. She began showing symptoms this weekend and was tested at Brewer Park Sunday night.

I know someone who waited 4 hours. She said a lot of people gave up around the 2 to 3 hour mark.

Our covid numbers are probably well over 500 a day.

Yep, 3-4 hours seems to be the average at many locations. My friend waited around that time at Toronto Western Hospital a couple weeks ago. Seeing these wait times only deters people from going to get testing done, or they hold it off until things escalate.

Back