News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

We didn't follow their previous travel restrictions to those who have been to China either.

AoD
This is a totally different thing

The Prime Minister will look incredibly weak if he does nothing....

As I said Trump's actions have likely raised the anxiety and paranoia up dramatically in North America

Meanwhile, March Madness will not have any fans (except for essential staff and limited family members):

An NBA game between the Brooklyn Nets and Golden State Warriors in San Francisco will also be played without fans:

It won't be the first time a major sporting event in the United States was played without crowds:

Anyways what I mean is I don't really agree with Trump's actions but it really is a huge shock to everyone about how serious this is.

It's really hitting home to.my friends I see.

This is a totally different thing
The Prime Minister will look incredibly weak if he does nothing....
As I said Trump's actions have likely raised the anxiety and paranoia up dramatically in North America

Only weak to people without half a brain cell to think critically - and if one believe that the US embarking on idiotic policies is a good way to "own" Trudeau, they should do themselves a favour and ship themselves to the US now and see how well they'd fare.

AoD

Only weak to people without half a brain cell to think critically - and if one believe that the US embarking on idiotic policies is a good way to "own" Trudeau, they should do themselves a favour and ship themselves to the US now and see how well they'd fare.

AoD
The issue what if the usa threatens to close the border to canada for not banning travelers...

My point is that Canada can no longer make policy decisions in isolation I think.

I am.not saying we follow all but why all travel from.hard hit areas should be banned.

The issue what if the usa threatens to close the border to canada
My point is that Canada can no longer make policy decisions in isolation I think.

At one level, hallelujah - they are by far the greatest threat in terms of imported cases by sheer volume alone. On a more practical level - it's one thing for them to ban Europeans to travel to the US; another to close the Canadian border with the sheer volume of trade.

AoD

At one level, hallelujah - they are by far the greatest threat in terms of imported cases by sheer volume alone.

AoD
Well we agree on something for once.

As I said to you.... things going zero to 100 now so I think Canadian govt actions will get more dramatic as well.

People be freaking out on my social.media lol

Last edited:
NBA suspending all games until further notice :(

ES33zE0XkAAYj1n

Well we agree on something for once.
As I said to you.... things going zero to 100 now so I think Canadian govt actions will get more dramatic as well.
People be freaking out on my social.media lol

If people are freaking out on your social media because Trump talked about badly fleshed out policy, that's their problem, and it's nothing to warrant an LOL unless you are trolling.
As to Canadian policy, the last thing I want is an escalation because of what Trump did - and not because the situation in Canada warrants it.

AoD

If people are freaking out on your social media because Trump talked about badly fleshed out policy, that's their problem, and it's nothing to warrant an LOL unless you are trolling.
As to Canadian policy, the last thing I want is an escalation because of what Trump did - and not because the situation in Canada warrants it.

AoD

The combination of all this news around Donald Trump's announcement and the NBA being suspended has been the so-called zero to a hundred moment I been predicting here in north america.

What I mean to say is I think the tone around this issue has changed after today in north America.

Of course we should take sensible actions but I think you have to be naive to not think that how the virus is being treated in other countries is making Canadians anxious more and more.

Grocery stores this weekend oof.

The combination of all this news around Donald Trump's announcement and the NBA being suspended has been the so-called zero to a hundred moment I been predicting here in north America.

I am afraid you are giving yourself interpretation too much credit - you must have missed the TP and Lysol wipes rushes of late. Social media is a bubble that magnifies your own take. If there is an takeaway, it is the performance of his presidential address - lack of actual substance - that's actually undermining confidence. And his misspoken quib about banning cargo manifested itself in a massive drop in the Dow futures.

In any case, that's all peripheral to what really mattered - actual policy here in Canada.

AoD

Last edited:
I am afraid you are giving yourself interpretation too much credit - you must have missed the TP and Lysol wipes rushes of late. Social media is a bubble that magnifies your own take. If there is an takeaway, it is the performance of his presidential address - lack of actual substance - that's actually undermining confidence.

AoD

I sometimes think I could say the sky is blue and you would just being a contrarian to what I say.

Frankly among you and your peers you may have your opinion but around me and my friend and that's the only opinion I can give I think things have changed.

I sometimes think I could say the sky is blue and you would just being a contrarian to what I say.

Frankly among you and your peers you may have your opinion but around me and my friend and that's the only opinion I can give I think things have changed.

You and your friends aren't the only barometer for North America (and US is different from Canada, needless to say).

AoD

You and your friends aren't the only barometer for North America.

AoD

I have the self-awareness to realize that.

I genuinely hope you have the self awareness to know that your opinion opinion isn't the only valid one either.

?

Now I take my exit before you send a snarky response

Back