News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Hey Doug, how about you talk to your contact tracers and see where transmission is happening. Or would that make too much sense?

For years I had close ties to the House of Commons through various means where I learned one thing.

Nothing motivates a politician more than the thought of them being voted out or having to face public scrutiny.

Trudeau and the liberals are in a minority situation. If the covid situation is spiraling out of control you can bet they will start locking things down and assuming control.

It's better to do that than to do nothing and have the conservatives call for a confidence vote.
That is why the government never does electoral reform.

majority governments isolate you from the public.

Saw some discussions on Reddit saying that it can take up to a week to get results from Covid testing due to backlogs.

If it takes a week to even get the test if you're lucky with the new appointment system, and another to get results, then jeeez are we screwed with how efficient this system has become.

Those in charge need to give themselves a pat on the back with all these months of planning for Phase 2 capacities.

Saw some discussions on Reddit saying that it can take up to a week to get results from Covid testing due to backlogs.

If it takes a week to even get the test if you're lucky with the new appointment system, and another to get results, then jeeez are we screwed with how efficient this system has become.

Those in charge need to give themselves a pat on the back with all these months of planning for Phase 2 capacities.

Apparently the results page was off line yesterday afternoon (not sure if it is still the case).
They had the whole summer to prep, and this is what we got?

AoD

Ontario is reporting 548 cases of #COVID19 as over 42,000 tests were completed. Locally, there are 201 new cases in Toronto, 90 in Peel, 62 in Ottawa and 56 in York Region. 61% of today’s cases are in people under the age of 40. There are 546 more resolved cases.

The minister herself suggested that samples can degrade after only 3 days. (unless she misspoke)

A week's delay makes no sense.

There would be no guarantee of an accurate result.

Adder's editorial cartoon:

1601994669301.png

Ontario is reporting 548 cases of #COVID19 as over 42,000 tests were completed. Locally, there are 201 new cases in Toronto, 90 in Peel, 62 in Ottawa and 56 in York Region. 61% of today’s cases are in people under the age of 40. There are 546 more resolved cases.

1601995294149.png

Up to date trends on cases/hospitalizations/ICU/Vents from John Michael McGrath's Twitter.

Good'ish news, the rise in serious cases is happening, but slowly.

Bad news........Hospitalizations have almost doubled in the last 10 days.

Just thought I would make note that the government is currently hiring Contact Tracers. I just got a call for a job interview that was a dead ringer for a contact tracer position.

The posting did not say it was for contact tracing but it was making outbound calls in the health sector. When I spoke with the person over the phone today they were telling me that job entails contacting people with their results and seeing who they were in contact with recently.

Back