News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.8K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5K     0 

Doug Ford would have a field day with such a heavy handed approach. "Trudeau is taking all your rights away! He's killing the economy! He's stomping all over the freedoms of Ontarians, the largest voting block in the country! Vote for CPC to end the madness!"

Maybe but if things get beyond bad and we become the next Italy or Spain i think most would support the PM.

Doug Ford would have a field day with such a heavy handed approach. "Trudeau is taking all your rights away! He's killing the economy! He's stomping all over the freedoms of Ontarians, the largest voting block in the country! Vote for CPC to end the madness!"

I know it doesn't work that way - but sometimes saving lives require unpopular decisions to be made (and it's not the War Measures Act anymore)

AoD

Last edited:
But we're not actually keeping the economy moving ala Sweden's approach, are we?

This is like a half-assed lockdown where we achieve neither objectives of keeping cases down or "keeping the economy moving".

The Swedish approach is a myth - their GPD dropped just as much as neighbouring countries that have locked down, but with more deaths/capita to show for it.

AoD

Absolutely ridiculous. So instead of finding solutions to expand testing capability, Ontario is now increasing barriers and making this into an AGO Infinity Mirrors ticket buying experience. Which in turn will only discourage people from even trying to go, and further raise risks in community transmission.

Absolutely ridiculous. So instead of finding solutions to expand testing capability, Ontario is now increasing barriers and making this into an AGO Infinity Mirrors ticket buying experience. Which in turn will only discourage people from even trying to go, and further raise risks in community transmission.

Is it a bug or is it a feature? I could never tell with this government.

AoD

The $35 million to help schools on Toronto/Peel/York and Ottawa won't do much it seems to be we want to help but not spend.

Test positivity by Toronto neighbourhood:

1601923406435.png

A smattering of problem areas throughout the City; but a real concentration in the north-west.

Found through this doctor on Twitter:
Data was leaked.

Those are some shocking positivity rates, when the province overall is at 1-2%.

On a more irrelevant side:

Hot pot is the pandemic food?

Seriously, people sitting in close proximity to one another dipping their utensils in a communal pot is dicey during the best of times.

AoD

Why is Little Portugal so high?

I couldn't say.

We know what the contributing factors are:

Where you work (seems that factories/crowded work places, and restaurants are among the highest risk.)

How many you live with (more people in small place, greater risk.

Whether you 'party' much or otherwise socialize, especially without masks.

Use of crowded public transit.

To what extent these apply more/less in Little Portugal I'm not sure.

Back