News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

COVID numbers for Friday will be in the mid 900s. Restrictions to follow later in the day from the province.

Announcing any restrictions on a long weekend Friday is a recipe for confusion and miscommunication (nevermind implementing them). Better than not having the announcement, but not ideal at all.

AoD

The number of new cases blew past 900 even with these testing restrictions, imagine. :rolleyes:

939 Cases and Stage 2 lite. Not a bad arrangement

A forward looking government would have went stage 2 (nevermind the lite part) before it hit 900+ cases. Remember when Doug Ford said "it's flattening" just a few short days ago? Apparently this is what flattening looks like. So because of the dithering, we are going to have to rush announce something right before the Thanksgiving weekend that you hope and pray people are going to take seriously (and you better hope and pray that small town Torontonians aren't heading back to their hometowns for it). Clearly part of the most comprehensive, best plan.

And yes, Dr. Williams turned out to be a weak-kneed no one. Sheela Basrur weeps.

AoD

Last edited:
I do hope the new restrictions are decisive and firm in the hardest hit areas, instead of more useless nonsense such as fewer people at each table in restaurants.

I do hope the new restrictions are decisive and firm in the hardest hit areas, instead of more useless nonsense such as fewer people at each table in restaurants.

My concern is the cross-the board increases across Ontario - just targeting the hardest hit area alone might not be sufficient (and again, the talk of Toronto, Peel and Ottawa - why not York? Durham?)

AoD

My concern is the cross-the board increases across Ontario - just targeting the hardest hit area alone might not be sufficient (and again, the talk of Toronto, Peel and Ottawa - why not York? Durham?)

AoD

They need restrictions across Southern and Southwestern Ontario in it's entirety.

People will just flock to York and Durham if these restrictions are in place.

They need restrictions across Southern and Southwestern Ontario in it's entirety.

People will just flock to York and Durham if these restrictions are in place.

I don't think the entire southern Ontario, but certainly the GTHA/Golden Horseshoe + KW. Maybe London, Windsor and Kingston for precautionary reasons?

AoD

I don't think the entire southern Ontario, but certainly the GTHA/Golden Horseshoe + KW. Maybe London, Windsor and Kingston for precautionary reasons?

AoD

As the Mayor of Markham said, localised specific restrictions do nothing when you can drive to the neighbouring town in 15 minutes.

And lower music volume in bars and restaurants, yeah.. that should stop the spread of Covid Dougie :rolleyes:

1602255012212.png

Good that ICU/Vents are stable-ish...................but that hospitalization number is continuing to spike.

That will start to impact other procedures in hospital, if it hasn't already.

We are a long way from capacity.............but, at the current R-Factor..........not as far as one would like.

IF new case growth plateaued tomorrow. (unlikely); we're on pace to have 463 in hospital in one week's time.

If new case growth plateaued in one week; we're over 1,000 in 2 weeks time.

(8.4% daily growth compounded)

The number of new cases blew past 900 even with these testing restrictions, imagine. :rolleyes:

I wonder if testing restrictions are actually helping to target those who really should be tested. Fewer kids+families with sniffles getting tested, but people with actual symptoms and those who have been exposed / contacted getting priority instead of giving up waiting in line for 6 hours.

I wish they could have kept up with mass general testing, but this is maybe next best thing.

Just a thought...

I moderate a large neighbourhood group. Symptomatic people are still waiting days to get tested. Anecdotally this has not helped. In the past they would go to a site that offered walk in. The community grapevine would let people know which sites were busy or not. Now they just can't get an appointment. And then they wait days for results. This is far from being a next best thing.

I moderate a large neighbourhood group. Symptomatic people are still waiting days to get tested. Anecdotally this has not helped. In the past they would go to a site that offered walk in. The community grapevine would let people know which sites were busy or not. Now they just can't get an appointment. And then they wait days for results. This is far from being a next best thing.

Also, I am curious as to how they ascertain that someone with symptoms or contacts are the ones actually getting the slots via online booking. One of those please check yes if you have... button? I am *sure* that would be an effective screen. And even if it is - a broad spectrum of COVID symptoms are so generic to colds and whatnot, it's pretty ineffective to self-determine.

AoD

Back