News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9.2K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.3K     0 

#BREAKING: Province shutting down gyms, movie theatres, and indoor dining in Toronto, Peel Region, and Ottawa for 28 days

https://www.cp24.com/news/province-...-peel-region-and-ottawa-for-28-days-1.5139205

In all seriousness, such restrictions done 2 full weeks ago, might need only have been 14 days in length.

The cost of delay is the need for greater measures of longer duration.

People are right to ask that measures be targeted based on evidence; but not deferred in spite of evidence.

lol you guys want roadblocks and curfews next lol

Closing retail and stores is pointless as they have caused hardly any cases to the wider community compared to parties or bars.

People wear masks and dont stick around in one space for long, unlike bars or gyms.

Also, I think everyone saying let's close everything down, well when is the end date of that closure? Cause we close then open and do this again and again till when. Like I wish we could get a hard date from experts as I think that is the major reason why people are not following rules as there is no end in sight.

We are not going to eliminate the virus and in the end, we can blame ford or Trudeau but corona spreading is generally the fault of people.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, such restrictions done 2 full weeks ago, might need only have been 14 days in length.

The cost of delay is the need for greater measures of longer duration.

People are right to ask that measures be targeted based on evidence; but not deferred in spite of evidence.

I disagree, as long as people act dumb we will likely have to just open and close things till we have a vaccine.

I think bars and such are going to be closed for months now.

lol you guys want roadblocks and curfews next lol

Closing retail and stores is pointless as they have caused hardly any cases to the wider community compared to parties or bars.

People wear masks and dont stick around in one space for long, unlike bars or gyms.

Also, I think everyone saying let's close everything down, well when is the end date of that closure? Cause we close then open and do this again and again till when. Like I wish we could get a hard date from experts as I think that is the major reason why people are not following rules as there is no end in sight.

We are not going to eliminate the virus and in the end, we can blame ford or Trudeau but corona spreading is generally the fault of people.

No one is suggesting that we need to close retail and stores in general (much less have roadblocks or curfews) at this point - many of us have been suggesting closure of high risk locations like restaurants, bars and whatnot is key to avoiding even more intrusive and disruptive closures. The lol is foolishness - people died from this, and your safety is dependent on others following instructions and recommendations, and in this case, closure helps. Nothing funny or remotely lolable about it.

I disagree, as long as people act dumb we will likely have to just open and close things till we have a vaccine.

I think bars and such are going to be closed for months now.

People always act dumb - like not being able to tolerate short term, high intensity closure with the goal of eradicating local transmission- they'd rather open up too early while the virus is still spreading in the community, knowing that it is inevitable that it will bounce back and necessitate another round of closure. You have been clamoring for things to open up to allow you to do whatever a month or two into the pandemic, no?

AoD

Last edited:
Closed from march to now?
Yes. Clearly that’s where the growth in cases is coming from.

I haven’t eaten inside a restaurant since March and was never tempted to stand in a crowded bar. I’ve been eating on restaurant patios or more often just doing takeout.

Numbers are also coming from private gatherings, i.e., house parties. So keeping restaurants closed could have led to more house parties. Basically, it's anywhere people are indoors breathing the same air without a mask and not social distancing.

Earlier in the thread there was discussion of private testing. I’m not advocating for that, the solution should have been that the government recognize it needed the 80,000 or so test capacity for this fall; however, practically since I pay $140 a day in daycare it would make sense for me to pay to get my kid tested if I had rapid access and the public testing system remains backlogged. Missing a week of daycare costs me $700.

Yes. Clearly that’s where the growth in cases is coming from.

I haven’t eaten inside a restaurant since March and was never tempted to stand in a crowded bar. I’ve been eating on restaurant patios or more often just doing takeout.

Well as i said we can close them down but we need to help them out, cause there will be aftermath to covid 19 and it looks to be a disaster on its own.

Numbers are also coming from private gatherings, i.e., house parties.
I can’t imagine being at all tempted to attend a private gathering during Covid. Was I invited I’d be telling the host to cancel it.... likely precluding any future invite, lol.

My Covid plan.... here I sit today on the front porch with coffee and a cat by my side, reading the NYT. Later today I’ll take my motorcycle for a solo ride around Uxbridge and maybe stop by a cafe to read my new book on the patio, weather permitting. Why would I want to replace any of that to stand in a crowded room with some germy fella shouting into my face about whatever idea‘s crept into his head, whilst likely infecting me with Covid? Give your head a shake people, embrace your latent introvert and enjoy the peace.

I can’t imagine being at all tempted to attend a private gathering during Covid. Was I invited I’d be telling the host to cancel it.... likely precluding any future invite, lol.

My Covid plan.... here I sit today on the front porch with coffee and a cat by my side, reading the NYT. Later today I’ll take my motorcycle for a solo ride around Uxbridge and maybe stop by a cafe to read my new book on the patio, weather permitting. Why would I want to replace any of that to stand in a crowded room with some germy fella shouting into my face about whatever idea‘s crept into his head, whilst likely infecting me with Covid? Give your head a shake people, embrace your latent introvert and enjoy the peace.

The issue is people been doing that for 6 months mostly already.

You guys making it seem this started yesterday...

I am not saying I want to party but to deny people miss interacting with their friends and family if there was no danger is rather out of touch.

As i said the govt has maybe 1 to 1.5 months to get this under control again and after that people will stop following these rules i think.

The whole goal is not to stop covid 19, its just to ensure our hospitals stay fine.

Last edited:

Back