News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

1606332291859.png

1606332325009.png

I have shopped in big box stores and small independent stores during the pandemic. I feel a lot safer in the small stores. They take pride in their business so they put forth more effort into covid protocol. Dollarama was a mad house the other week. I couldn't believe they would let that many people into a small store. I walked in saw the crowd of shoppers and walked out.. I was at No Frills recently, i didn't see anyone sanitizing the carts.

Small retailers push back against lockdown policy that favours big-box stores

I saw some footage of the protestors at the BBQ restaurant. Their 'zingers' to the media were hilariously wrong. One guy yelled something like 'I have a voice, unlike you [at the mask wearing media] because you are wearing a mask', then he was joined by a woman yelling 'how do you look at yourself in the mirror...oh wait you can't see yourself because you wear a mask'. Dudes, not how masks work.

* Cross-Post* from the Donald Trump thread *

Our first U.S. Supreme Court decision in which new justice Amy Coney Barrett is in the ruling.

Its a 5-4 split with Coney Barrett in the majority, striking down N.Y. State restrictions on attending religious services due to Covid.

* Cross-Post* from the Donald Trump thread *

Our first U.S. Supreme Court decision in which new justice Amy Coney Barrett is in the ruling.

Its a 5-4 split with Coney Barrett in the majority, striking down N.Y. State restrictions on attending religious services due to Covid.

America.. where religion tops common sense and religious freedoms override public health advice

Billion dollar incompetence:

Owner Adam Skelly has vowed to reopen his business again on Thursday and was seen arriving at the premises shortly before 8 a.m
Skelly asked media to stay off the private property and was seen talking with police officers. He was eventually seen entering the business through a back door where the locks weren't changed.

You have to wonder if the cops don't want to do their job properly.

AoD

Last edited:

AoD

What would you have them do?

AoD

Do what they did with the pot shop on Harbord?

But I don't think it was effective on Harbord. The company moved the blocks a few times to get back in to conduct business. After a few back and forths re-blocking the entrance by city/police, the owners ended up just selling on the street.

Fining the corporation isn't that effective either if the corporation is bankrupt and thus basically can't enforce. Fining the directors, on the other hand is the more effective medium, as it will put a personal liability to those acting as a director to that company. To me, I'd lay a harsh penalty on the directors.

Back