News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

How do we prove we’ve been vaccinated? No, I’m not asking for anyone to post media about what we might do, such as vaccination passports. Instead, what are we doing now? If you’re vaccinated are you given a receipt or certificate or some documentation?

Canada's vaccine rollout stalls, confining seniors to their homes for months to come​

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/11/world/canada-vaccine-rollout-failure/index.html

Hope this will be a good lesson that we shouldn’t sell off all our necessary manufacturing capabilities just because it doesn’t make money. Also a good wake up call that money doesn’t mean anything when there’s a global crisis at hand and nationalism is at play; countries don’t play fair when there’s a emergency and we shouldn’t be complacent in the first place that others will abide by agreements.

How do we prove we’ve been vaccinated? No, I’m not asking for anyone to post media about what we might do, such as vaccination passports. Instead, what are we doing now? If you’re vaccinated are you given a receipt or certificate or some documentation?
Yes. You get a receipt/certificate

If they meet their deadlines for number of doses by certain dates, then there isn't really a contractual problem, is there?

And we don't know what our government paid anyway, so how do you know that money didn't talk in this case?

Yes. You get a receipt/certificate

Something electronic or wallet sized would be more useful to be honest. Nobody travels with a full sized document and it is likely to be required for international travel, access to certain locations etc. It needs to portable, not a wall hanger.

After reading this I count myself lucky. I’ve been working from home since March 2020 and my mental health is good. For starters, after losing my job in 2017, and again in early 2019 as I approach fifty years old, I was beginning to feel a little useless and depressed. Thankfully, after four month of unemployment in spring 2019 (my gang of retired, older motorcycle riders were a great help, I joined them on weekday rides all over) my current employer hired me and whilst nothing is guaranteed in life I haven’t felt this secure in my job in decades. Thankfully, I said that earlier, my job can be done remotely so all is good career wise. Once a week before the winter. I would ride the bicycle or motorcycle to my boss’ backyard near Casa Loma for coffee and a progress meeting. We‘ll see if we restart that in April, maybe not until we’re all vaccinated. So career wise, my mental health is good.

Family wise, my teenaged children seem to be doing okay. Their high school grades are still good, and both have been early accepted to university for Sept 2021. Hopefully Covid is under control so that they can enjoy first year. One kid is an avid Dungeons and Dragons fan and runs a weekly campaign over Zoom with a half dozen school chums, which helps all their mental health and keeps their friendships and connections solid. Other kid is an introvert who loves to read paper books, so she is in her element. Unfortunately the kid’s hamster died yesterday, and the ground is too hard, so hamster is in a temporary morgue besides the ice cream and pizzas until spring thaw. We have a stack of hamsters under one particular rock in the backyard, I started the hole about 3-4 ft deep and place a rock ontop of the latest arrival so I don’t disturb them when the next arrives. So, the kid has been here before, she’s older now and the mental health is good. My wife is still going to work, no change there and she likes her job, and has solid job security and benefits. What helps us all is space, I can’t imagine having my wife, two kids, two cats and a dog in a condo, kudos to those that make it work.

Physically I’ve been walking every day, doing some weights and watching what I eat and drink. I have an App on my iPad called Lose It! and it tracks your calories against a weight goal. It helps to keep me from falling into the trio of Covid deadly sins, the couch, the bed, the fridge. I am looking forward to getting out on the bicycle again.

Last edited:
Something electronic or wallet sized would be more useful to be honest. Nobody travels with a full sized document and it is likely to be required for international travel, access to certain locations etc. It needs to portable, not a wall hanger.
I just looked at the photo again (family member sent it after their second shot); it looks like a grocery store receipt, it's not very big. You could take a photo of it to show (although of course that could be photoshopped), but it would easily slip into a wallet. I'll have to ask if they got anything electronic to follow up or just the paper slip.

I just looked at the photo again (family member sent it after their second shot); it looks like a grocery store receipt, it's not very big. You could take a photo of it to show (although of course that could be photoshopped), but it would easily slip into a wallet. I'll have to ask if they got anything electronic to follow up or just the paper slip.
I've always received a slip when getting the flu shot. At Shoppers, it's about the size of 3x5 card, if I recall correctly.

On the CNN townhall last night Biden promised, unconditionally that every American resident would be vaccinated by July. If that happens Trudeau is going to look like mud, especially if he breaks his own commitment to have all Canadian residents vaccinated by Sept.

On the CNN townhall last night Biden promised, unconditionally that every American resident would be vaccinated by July. If that happens Trudeau is going to look like mud, especially if he breaks his own commitment to have all Canadian residents vaccinated by Sept.
Here's the thing. We aren't that slow relative to other western countries. Compared to the US, sure, but they had every reason to be extremely aggressive about it.

The above all said, if they're all vaccinated by July, we'll have all the doses we need shortly after. Pfizer will then be free to ship doses from the US to Canada, rather than from Belgium, and at an extremely high rate of production. Likewise the plant Moderna has in New Hampshire.

In short, the faster they have all they need, the faster the rest of the world will be able to get what they need. I have family in Pfizer; they'd love nothing more than to have our vaccines come from the US plant. It sucks until then, but there's nothing but protectionism to blame for it.

Back