News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Still waiting to be eligible. I'm okay... I am low risk and work from home.

Thanks. I appreciate that. The public needs to apply pressure and politicians need to be held accountable. That's how change happens in a democracy.
Here's my reply to the useless, boilerplate email I got from my city councillor's office:

Hi ---,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I’m bcc’ing a few friends to share this info.

I’m happy to report that I got my first dose of AstraZeneca yesterday at Shoppers Drug Mart.

For the sake of my neighbours though, I hope that M-- is added to the list of priority postal codes without further delay rather than remaining an overlooked island. There are lots of vulnerable folks in this neighbourhood too while, conversely, there are many non-vulnerable people in the wealthier sections of the areas identified as high-risk.

The current system is not refined enough to ensure true equity.

I’ll continue to monitor this situation closely.

Kind regards,

So, asking UT members, who’s received their first or second vaccine? Myself, 50 yrs old, I got the Moderna shot two weeks ago.
As mentioned previously...I got my first AZ shot this past Tuesday evening.

Here's my reply to the useless, boilerplate email I got from my city councillor's office:

Hi ---,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I’m bcc’ing a few friends to share this info.

I’m happy to report that I got my first dose of AstraZeneca yesterday at Shoppers Drug Mart.

For the sake of my neighbours though, I hope that M-- is added to the list of priority postal codes without further delay rather than remaining an overlooked island. There are lots of vulnerable folks in this neighbourhood too while, conversely, there are many non-vulnerable people in the wealthier sections of the areas identified as high-risk.

The current system is not refined enough to ensure true equity.

I’ll continue to monitor this situation closely.

Kind regards,
As I mentioned before, and as it has been reported by KWT, St. Michael's Hospital added the M4Y area code and that's how, at 56, I was able to get the Pfizer vaccine. The area is basically Carlton to Bloor and Bay to Jarvis, and encompasses the Church-Wellesley village. But I am at the extreme northwest at Bay and Bloor, not an especially vulnerable area! I don't know how it would be possible to refine the system while maintaining some efficiency.

Reactions: DSC
So much for Mr Ford and Dr Williams'' excitement at the figures falling! One needs to look at average of last 7 days to get a proper picture as a testing blitz in a hot spot is likely to turn up lots of cases. This from CP24

"Ontario is reporting a one-day spike in new COVID-19 cases but its rolling seven-day average continues to decline, suggesting that some of the measures taken to curb the spread of the virus might be starting to have an impact on transmission.

The Ministry of Health says that there were 4,505 cases of the disease caused by the novel coronavirus confirmed on Thursday, up from 3,682 one day prior.

It is the third highest number of new cases reported in any single 24-hour period throughout the entire pandemic but it is down from the record 4,812 cases reported last Friday.

The province’s rolling seven-day average, which provides a better snapshot of broader transmission patterns, now stands at 4,132."

Here is the most infuriating thing- look at this chart:

1619189387904.png

The ICU cases never dipped back after January - it was practically flat all the way until late March. And yet the provincial government believe it was somehow immune to the same forces that drove the increase as before and opened up. This is willful negligence - at best.

So much for Mr Ford and Dr Williams'' excitement at the figures falling! One needs to look at average of last 7 days to get a proper picture as a testing blitz in a hot spot is likely to turn up lots of cases.

I can feel all the "excitement" looking at the chart above - you know, the same frisson as watching the movie Contagion.

AoD

@condovo

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced Friday that the government has secured 35 million Pfizer booster shots for 2022.
Another 30 million Pfizer vaccines have been secured for 2023, he told reporters at a press conference.
---
The deal includes options to add 30 million doses in both 2022 and 2023, and an option for 60 million doses in 2024, he added.

AoD

81mg of ASA daily, is taken by people to prevent blood clots from forming in the arteries. It can help certain people lower their risk of a heart attack or stroke.

Did the people who got blood clots after taking the AstraZeneca vaccine, did NOT take 81mg of ASA every day after getting the vaccine? I would like to hear more information.

Normally, I take 81mg of ASA every day. However, I suspended taking it for a couple days, when I got my vaccine. Returned to the daily dose of ASA afterwards.

Back