News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

81mg of ASA daily, is taken by people to prevent blood clots from forming in the arteries. It can help certain people lower their risk of a heart attack or stroke.

Did the people who got blood clots after taking the AstraZeneca vaccine, did NOT take 81mg of ASA every day after getting the vaccine? I would like to hear more information.

Normally, I take 81mg of ASA every day. However, I suspended taking it for a couple days, when I got my vaccine. Returned to the daily dose of ASA afterwards.

Not everyone does. Aspirin is not something most people keep at home although they should.

81mg of ASA daily, is taken by people to prevent blood clots from forming in the arteries. It can help certain people lower their risk of a heart attack or stroke.

Did the people who got blood clots after taking the AstraZeneca vaccine, did NOT take 81mg of ASA every day after getting the vaccine? I would like to hear more information.

Normally, I take 81mg of ASA every day. However, I suspended taking it for a couple days, when I got my vaccine. Returned to the daily dose of ASA afterwards.
Given the rate of clots was highest in women between 18-50, it's likely not a factor. How many 30 year olds are taking daily aspirin to avoid a stroke?

That is just the NACI guideline. It is still up to the Ontario Government to extend eligibility.

I’m sure Biden has a lot of “empathy” for India.
Empathy is one thing, domestic reality is another. I am sure Biden can probably send some AZ - which they aren't going to use anyways - to India. Not enough to make a difference for a population of 1.4B (seriously, who can make a real difference at that scale without completely compromising their own vaccination program?), but it's a good gesture (Also, this is going to have a geopolitical dimension as well).

To be frank, Modi need to take some personal responsibility for leading his own country into a failure of this scale as well. He ****ed up, and his country is paying the price for his errors.

AoD

BREAKING: CBC news has learned the federal government will ban passenger flights from India and Pakistan for 30 days starting tonight.

Right......of course.......but w/loopholes galore.

Freight is allowed of course............. (and I have no concerns over transmission via freight..........but the flights are not un-staffed).........

But also there are no controls for passengers who take a two-stage (non-direct) flight...........

SMH.

At every level.

Given the rate of clots was highest in women between 18-50, it's likely not a factor. How many 30 year olds are taking daily aspirin to avoid a stroke?
It is a rare form of clotting and the regular treatment for clots makes it worse, so you have to be very alert.

It is a rare form of clotting and the regular treatment for clots makes it worse, so you have to be very alert.
You kinda missed the point that very few people in the age group this is happening to are going to be on a daily regimen of aspirin. That's usually not recommended by doctors until you're in your fifties.

With packed flights landing in Toronto over the past week, watch this number grow.. 😟

Ontario identifies 36 cases of double mutant COVID-19 variant first discovered in India.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7783463/covid-ontario-variant-india-coronavirus/
Before we perpetuate any more freakout/anti-Indian sentiment, can you tell me what the double mutation does differently than "base" covid? Why we should be so concerned about it?

No?

Thought so.

Even the WHO doesn't consider it a Variant of Concern.

For all we know, the mutations have tamped down its lethality or transmissivity. If it does, guess which variant we'd actually prefer to have running around?

Right now, B.1.117 should be the biggest concern here, as it's 90% of our cases and is far more virulent than the original strain.

Back