News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Just booked a vaccine appointment at Sunnybrook. It showed no appointments for today but when I clicked on the 27th it showed lots of availability. I have been clicking on the booking link a lot and have lost out on many single appointments (likely due to cancellations) by not being fast enough.
For those still looking, the VaxHuntersCanada discord server is probably your best bet. People post if they've seen openings in different regions and often people will be able to book up everything available before the info even gets to their Facebook or twitter pages. My wife and I were able to make appointments for today (on Saturday) at a small pharmacy that had about 50 spots open up. They were all gone within 40 minutes, and the notice never got posted on social media.

Even then, it took a week of diligently searching to get one; about 13-15 solid hours total. But it seems vastly easier to find a listing if you're not living right downtown.

Last edited:
Also, don't even bother with the Shoppers/Rexall portals. They seem completely useless if you're downtown, and I'm hearing of scrambling, loss of data and frequent outages from IT pals dealing with the major players.

For those still looking, the VaxHuntersCanada discord server is probably your best bet. People post if they've seen openings in different regions and often people will be able to book up everything available before the info even gets to their Facebook or twitter pages. My wife and I were able to make appointments for today (on Saturday) at a small pharmacy that had about 50 spots open up. They were all gone within 40 minutes, and the notice never got posted on social media.

Even then, it took a week of diligently searching to get one; about 13-15 solid hours total. But it seems vastly easier to find a listing if you're not living right downtown.

Vaccine Hunters Canada is a great tool but I have noticed it becoming overwhelming recently.

I had alerts set up for their tweets but I was getting alerts every few minutes from Quebec, Alberta, Manitoba. BC, Etc. Their discord was getting so many new posts (even for the local area discord threads i.e. Scarborough) that any relevant information was lost in the hundreds of messages I got since I last checked it.

I gave up on Vaccine Hunters Canada because of the fact I had to filter through so much irrelevant information to find the relevant stuff. That plus all the irrelevant alerts made it impossible to deal with.

It is a great idea in theory but in practice it is simply white noise.

Durham opened appointments for an Ajax pop-up clinic for hotspot postal codes ages 18+. Within hours, everything was booked. A day later they opened appointments for a mass vaccination clinic in Oshawa for ages 60+. It’s been a couple of days and there are still open appointments. I don’t understand why we’re still wasting time doing it this way.

Durham opened appointments for an Ajax pop-up clinic for hotspot postal codes ages 18+. Within hours, everything was booked. A day later they opened appointments for a mass vaccination clinic in Oshawa for ages 60+. It’s been a couple of days and there are still open appointments. I don’t understand why we’re still wasting time doing it this way.
Because Ford.

Good grief....
"The C.D.C. says there is limited data on the vaccine’s effectiveness when shots are separated by more than six weeks, although some countries, including Britain and Canada, are giving shots with a gap of up to three or four months."

Queen Park is literally passing the responsiblity of the self created mess to the Federal Government to save money. That’s how I’m seeing this. Strange how this comes after they voted down paid sick leave again.
I feel it’s worth repeating that Doug Ford’s mentor/consultant as premier has always been family friend Mike Harris.

Upload and download services in the name of “efficiency” and tax breaks. Blame everyone else for not pulling up their bootstraps. Let people die clinging to misguided principles.

Back