News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

I can't imagine AZ won't be generally accepted soon - given the FDA approval issue has to do with safety/side effects, not efficacy.

AoD
It really leaves out a huge portion of the world that was already vaccinated with or is going to be vaccinated with AstraZeneca.

At the same time, many countries have taken vaccine from China and Russia probably because they were the only ones they could secure, and now they won’t be recognized either.

It really leaves out a huge portion of the world that was already vaccinated with or is going to be vaccinated with AstraZeneca.

At the same time, many countries have taken vaccine from China and Russia probably because they were the only ones they could secure, and now they won’t be recognized either.

They (we) can always require those who have received Sinopharm to get an additional booster shot of Pfizer/Moderna/AZ prior to travel.

AoD

Last edited:
Do we really care about the rest of the world? Here in the developed world we have easy access to anti-malaria drugs, and yet per Wikipedia in 2019 there were 229 million new cases of malaria resulting in 409,000 deaths. Same for Tuberculosis, easily treated here in the developed world, yet In 2018, there were more than 10 million cases of active TB, resulting in 1.5 million deaths. The only reason the West will GAC about Covid-19 in the rest of the world is if the disease's continued existence threatens those in the West through vaccine resistance.

Alrighty, I'm off now for my second shot, likely Moderna but we'll see.

This seems confusing and unnecessary. If deliveries of both Moderna and Pfizer have ramped up, what is the point of mixing?

And will this also cause problems for travel to other countries?
I don't think this will cause problems because they are both mRNA and are equally recognized. It will also be interesting to see if our "vaccine passports", whatever form that takes, list both shots or just the second one to demonstrate that one is fully vaccinated.

I got my second dose re-booked on the provincial website from August 25 to June 28. Pretty impressive speed up there. I actually found an even earlier appointment available on June 24 but I'm downtown and it was up at Yonge and Eglinton and I thought to hold out for the extra four days to get it at the Convention Centre which is where I went for the first one in May so I know the location, entrance to use, etc..

So the State of New York is only recognizing full vaccination with FDA approved vaccines, so that leaves those of us who are fully vaccinated with AZ (or anything else) in the lurch. A whole lot of British people are fully vaccinated with AZ. This could make for an interesting travel / tourist experience. At least I can plan a trip to England! https://www.jujamcyn.com/springsteenfaq/#covid19
The way I read that presser, the State's direction is only for entering that venue. I don't know if the State has issued a general entry restriction, or even if they have the authority to.

It's happening at other venues as well and was being covered on CP24 news today. And while it's a couple of venues at the moment, it could easily extend to any business/venue/attraction in the state. So you might be able to go to NYC, but you'll just be walking the streets and ordering in :) I think it's a good heads up as travel and other normal life activities resume that the devil can be in the details.

This is New York's vaccine passport. Being such a large tourist destination, they're going to have to figure it out. https://covid19vaccine.health.ny.gov/excelsior-pass-what-you-need-know

Back