News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.2K     0 

One full day after Pfizer #2. Nary a twitch - not even a sore arm. If I grow a horn out of my forehead I'll let you know.
I’ve woken up with a headache, stiff joints and a very sore arm after my 3pm Moderna shot yesterday. Thankfully the worse side effect, such as blepharospasm, priapism or onycholysis have not manifested themselves.

Last edited:
I’ve woken up with a headache, stiff joints and a very sore arm after my 3pm Moderna shot yesterday. Thankfully the worse side effect, such as blepharospasm, priapism or onycholysis have not manifested themselves.
Is priapism actually a possible side-effect of the vaccines? I thought only Pfizer's other popular product would cause that.

Is priapism actually a possible side-effect of the vaccines? I thought only Pfizer's other popular product would cause that.
There was a 69-year old Covid patient who died with a 3-hour erection that was considered a "side effect" of the virus by the media. My suspicion is that it was more likely circulatory-system related, triggered by suffering from covid.

That said, I've not heard of it in any way related to the vaccine.

Managed to book my second for July 2nd. First was AZ, second will be Moderna.

Again, like when the first non-senior doses opened up, bookings downtown seem to be extremely hard to find. Yet, there are literally weeks of open bookings available for places like Barrie or Bradford. This whole rollout has been an utter clusterfk.

Yeah, the provincial booking website is a meme right now for attempting to reschedule the second dose. I'm the person in charge of rebooking a lot of the seniors and other relatives in my family. The Toronto Metro Convention Centre occasionally makes a cameo appearance but there's immediately no dates or time slots available. And for my relatives in Scarborough, there's been absolutely no sighting of any locations available yet. And there's no way I'm getting people to go all the way to Tottenham or St. Cat's. Oh well, let's give this a few more weeks to see if Toronto area sites open up or if their originally booked second dose date comes first.

Brazil yet again has a week of sustained daily increases in both new COVID cases and deaths. They have had over three months now with a 7-day average number of deaths above 1,600/day.
They will hit 500,000 dead this weekend, which will surely be a big news story. That's about 2 out of every 1,000 people, and at the current growth rate it will almost certainly rise to 3 out of every 1,000 this summer.

Last edited:
Managed to book my second for July 2nd. First was AZ, second will be Moderna.

Yep, so... Apparently, two hours after booking, the appointments I made for my wife and I have been cancelled. Blamed on a technical error on a pharmacy website I've been told to "keep checking", only to be hung up on when asked if there was any guarantee this wouldn't happen again.

I will *repeat*:

This whole rollout has been an utter clusterfk.

Yeah, the provincial booking website is a meme right now for attempting to reschedule the second dose. I'm the person in charge of rebooking a lot of the seniors and other relatives in my family. The Toronto Metro Convention Centre occasionally makes a cameo appearance but there's immediately no dates or time slots available. And for my relatives in Scarborough, there's been absolutely no sighting of any locations available yet. And there's no way I'm getting people to go all the way to Tottenham or St. Cat's. Oh well, let's give this a few more weeks to see if Toronto area sites open up or if their originally booked second dose date comes first.
The provincial system is a mess in its own right.

In order to just *look* for an appointment, I need to enter all of my OHIP information every...damn...time... as well as my postal code (use of browser cookies might make this slightly less a frustration). Then I have to enter my postal code yet *another* two times.

It's quite obvious that there's not a single person with any sense of ease-of-use or UI development on the MoH team.

You should just be able to enter your postal code first, it shows you local appointments and locks down when you proceed. I shouldn't need to enter my OHIP information until I've confirmed a time/date. Even then, OHIP shouldn't be a priority as the vaccine is being given to everyone regardless of OHIP eligibility, no?

So the State of New York is only recognizing full vaccination with FDA approved vaccines, so that leaves those of us who are fully vaccinated with AZ (or anything else) in the lurch. A whole lot of British people are fully vaccinated with AZ. This could make for an interesting travel / tourist experience. At least I can plan a trip to England! https://www.jujamcyn.com/springsteenfaq/#covid19

NYC isn't worth visiting now. They are seeing a huge crime wave in the big apple.

NYC isn't worth visiting now. They are seeing a huge crime wave in the big apple.

Violent crime and mental health issues have risen dramatically in just about every major city on the planet that's suffered from Covid. Such is the nature of people willing to take advantage of negative times, and people dealing with the stresses of fear.

Also, homelessness is not a crime.

Last edited:
The provincial system is a mess in its own right.

In order to just *look* for an appointment, I need to enter all of my OHIP information every...damn...time... as well as my postal code (use of browser cookies might make this slightly less a frustration). Then I have to enter my postal code yet *another* two times.

It's quite obvious that there's not a single person with any sense of ease-of-use or UI development on the MoH team.

You should just be able to enter your postal code first, it shows you local appointments and locks down when you proceed. I shouldn't need to enter my OHIP information until I've confirmed a time/date. Even then, OHIP shouldn't be a priority as the vaccine is being given to everyone regardless of OHIP eligibility, no?
I suppose the Health Card number is the only way to control for Ontario residents only. Our daughter has the old red and white card and had to book via phone.

It's curious that I found the provincial booking site (accessed via our local PHU site) completely straight forward. I only had to enter fields once and was done in a matter of minutes. I had to wait in the 'virtual queue' for above an hour, which was just about bang on to its prediction, and I whiled away that time poking around other websites, like this one, until it was down to a couple of minutes.

Back