News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

We are not in the same situation as Australia - and no one said that being vaccinated will fully prevent you from getting COVID (much less the Delta strain of COVID); only that it will protect you from getting seriously ill from it.

AoD
Actually they did tell us that numbers would go down. The argument was that the more who were vaccinated the less the spread of the virus. That is what I remember hearing. We are not like OZ or NZ but it seems their numbers are going up, due to the most recent variant, so if they didn't vaccinate and the numbers went up, and we did vaccinate and our numbers went up how can it be true that the vaccine will slow the spread? And yes, I am confused.

Actually they did tell us that numbers would go down. The argument was that the more who were vaccinated the less the spread of the virus. That is what I remember hearing. We are not like OZ or NZ but it seems their numbers are going up, due to the most recent variant, so if they didn't vaccinate and the numbers went up, and we did vaccinate and our numbers went up how can it be true that the vaccine will slow the spread? And yes, I am confused.

A vaccine being able to slow the spread doesn't meant a vaccine will stop the spread. And numbers going down requires a vaccine, along with behaviour that pushes R to below 1 - and you do realize we have pretty much reopened everything right? So unless the vaccine is super effective at slowing the spread (which it isn't, particularly not the more virulent Delta strain), it can't possibly compensate for the increased opportunity for spread from reopening. Which is why we still need to be careful, wear masks and avoid crowded and poorly ventilated spaces, but don't have to freak out as much since vaccination provides a high level of protection against serious disease and the majority of the population is already protected.

And if you have a situation like Australia, where they are dealing with the new strain coupled with a lower level of vaccination - it just meant that they would face the risk of a higher level of spread than previously, and a greater risk to the larger portion of the population who aren't vaccinated.

AoD

Last edited:
Florida is currently in a wave that's giving them 20,000+ new cases a day. Vaccination makes a difference.

Because eradication at this point is highly unlikely, our goal should be to get as many people with antibodies in the general public. If we have enough resistance, it's gonna likely end up being just another minor respiratory disease floating around—much like other coronaviruses that cause one of the common colds. One can hope as well that it may mutate to something more virulent, but less lethal (lethality generally isn't a good trait for the continued propagation of viruses).

Last edited:
Anyways, people are worried about a vaccine but have no issues doing this:

►Mississippi's poison control center has seen an increased number of people calling after taking an anti-parasite livestock drug to treat COVID-19 after misinformation spread on social media. "Patients should be advised to not take any medications intended to treat animals and should be instructed to only take ivermectin as prescribed by their physician," the state's health department said.

AoD

Similarities and Differences between Flu and COVID-19​

What is the difference between Influenza (Flu) and COVID-19?​

Influenza (flu) and COVID-19 are both contagious respiratory illnesses, but they are caused by different viruses. COVID-19 is caused by infection with a coronavirus first identified in 2019, and flu is caused by infection with influenza viruses.
COVID-19 seems to spread more easily than flu. However, as more people become fully vaccinated against COVID-19, the spread of the virus that causes COVID-19 should slow down. More information is available about COVID-19 vaccines and how well they work.
Compared to flu, COVID-19 can cause more serious illnesses in some people. COVID-19 can also take longer before people show symptoms and people can be contagious for longer. More information about differences between flu and COVID-19 is available in the different sections below.
Because some of the symptoms of flu, COVID-19, and other respiratory illnesses are similar, the difference between them cannot be made based on symptoms alone. Testing is needed to tell what the illness is and to confirm a diagnosis. People can be infected with both flu and the virus that causes COVID-19 at the same time and have symptoms of both influenza and COVID-19.
While more is learned every day about COVID-19 and the virus that causes it, there are still things, such as post-COVID conditions, that are unknown. This page compares COVID-19 and flu, given the best available information to date.​
Go to link.

Florida is currently in a wave that's giving them 20,000+ new cases a day. Vaccination makes a difference.

Because eradication at this point is highly unlikely, our goal should be to get as many people with antibodies in the general public. If we have enough resistance, it's gonna likely end up being just another minor respiratory disease floating around—much like other coronaviruses that cause one of the common colds. One can hope as well that it may mutate to something more virulent, but less lethal (lethality generally isn't a good trait for the continued propagation of viruses).
I have to say - Florida deserves what it gets, the stupidity and selfishness is stunning. We are going to have this virus for a long time, I'm glad to have had both shots.

Who had lockdown in Canada's most populated province during a snap federal election on their bingo card?
My two recently adult kids just registered for their first election. Registration was easy and they signed up for mail in ballots. No need for Covid to slow anything down.

Weekly graph: From: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/data/case-numbers-and-spread

1629643524854.png

Anyways, people are worried about a vaccine but have no issues doing this:

►Mississippi's poison control center has seen an increased number of people calling after taking an anti-parasite livestock drug to treat COVID-19 after misinformation spread on social media. "Patients should be advised to not take any medications intended to treat animals and should be instructed to only take ivermectin as prescribed by their physician," the state's health department said.

AoD

Gad. Ivermectin as a cure still lives in Trump country. They're not willing to use vaccines because they had rushed clinical trials, but are willing to use something that has absolutely no trials. What, was bleach sold out at the stores?
Health Minister Christine Elliott said 522 or 78 per cent of Sunday’s cases involved people who were unvaccinated, partially vaccinated or had unknown vaccination status.

Wonder who the vaccinated and unvaccinated would vote for in the federal election?

There might be some correlation but I'm not sure I'd be drawing a straight line to one particular party.

Gad. Ivermectin as a cure still lives in Trump country. They're not willing to use vaccines because they had rushed clinical trials, but are willing to use something that has absolutely no trials. What, was bleach sold out at the stores?

There might be some correlation but I'm not sure I'd be drawing a straight line to one particular party.

At least they won't be getting scabies now!

AoD

Back