News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Not saying it is but if one country has different rules than the other... it causes problems. A coordinated approach is needed not 196 different ones.
All countries have had their own rules (visas, vaccinations, $$ to enter etc etc) for many many decades. Covid status is simply another one to worry about. There is some standardisation between groups of countries (EU being an example) but even there many suspended their "Schengen status" last year and reverted to their own rules. Caveat emptor (or viatorem)!

According to an interesting article in the New York Times, plastic/plexiglas shields and barriers are useless. This should be painfully obvious to everyone who remembers smoking sections in restaurants. Which is why being anywhere inside without a mask is ill-advised.
Health care workers I know love the shields because they get spit and coughed on. Now instead of wiping spit out of their eye, they clean a shield. So while they are uncomfortable and may offer limited COVID protection, they have other benefits.

as for the dividers, I would still think they would help dispel droplets rather than having them all directed at you from a cough or a sneeze

Health care workers I know love the shields because they get spit and coughed on. Now instead of wiping spit out of their eye, they clean a shield. So while they are uncomfortable and may offer limited COVID protection, they have other benefits.

as for the dividers, I would still think they would help dispel droplets rather than having them all directed at you from a cough or a sneeze
Dividers are great for droplets, but not so much for aerosols - and that is how COVID spreads.

Dividers are great for droplets, but not so much for aerosols - and that is how COVID spreads.
I had to laugh when I saw the plexi dividers between seats on the GO train. Sanitation theatre! If someone is sitting beside you, your and their breath holes are merely a couple feet apart. It is absurd to pretend there is any social distance regardless of dividers.

If I were riding transit, I think I'd be opting for N95.

I had to laugh when I saw the plexi dividers between seats on the GO train. Sanitation theatre! If someone is sitting beside you, your and their breath holes are merely a couple feet apart. It is absurd to pretend there is any social distance regardless of dividers.

If I were riding transit, I think I'd be opting for N95.

GO train seats are cramped as it is, I find the plexiglass barriers only make the situation worse.

What? They put dividers on GO Trains? First time I've read that anywhere in the World for trains. So much for "save the planet" with so much pastic used for show and no scientific evidence.

What? They put dividers on GO Trains? First time I've read that anywhere in the World for trains. So much for "save the planet" with so much pastic used for show and no scientific evidence.

Yes between every seat. It makes the seats more of a tight squeeze to the point where long journeys are uncomfortable.

I have taken the GO train once since last March. The parking lot was deserted. I was the only person in the car for most of the trip. I think there ended up being 4 of us total.

I have taken the GO train once since last March. The parking lot was deserted. I was the only person in the car for most of the trip. I think there ended up being 4 of us total.

Good point. When I took it to and from Niagara it was uncomfortable between sandwiched in there.

Back