News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

GO train seats are cramped as it is, I find the plexiglass barriers only make the situation worse.

Those plexiglass barriers don't work anyway. COVID is aerosol. It's funny seeing restaurants cram people in the dining room with 2 foot tall plexiglass divider in between tables. like that going to stop COVID from getting in the ventilation system or floating to the next table. Filtration plays a role, but not as big as masks, distancing, and vaccinations.

I went into the office today to clean out my desk. Already sent in the form to work from home permanently. They are giving us a one time amount of money to get stuff for a proper home office as well!
I did that last summer, but that was so they could reno the office for 'hot desking'. We're still expected to be in the office at least part time, though what that looks like is a bit nebulous (specific days, as needed, etc.). I can understand why, as you definitely coast on old relationships and networks that you build up. It's important to meet people you work with and build rapport. And 'culture' and all that.

Those plexiglass barriers don't work anyway. COVID is aerosol. It's funny seeing restaurants cram people in the dining room with 2 foot tall plexiglass divider in between tables. like that going to stop COVID from getting in the ventilation system or floating to the next table. Filtration plays a role, but not as big as masks, distancing, and vaccinations.
I suspect distance doesn't do much at all. This is why I am leery about going back to the office. The new hot-desking arrangement blocks out certain workstations so you're at 6 ft+ from other people, and the mandate is you have to wear a mask when moving about the building, but not at a workstation. So you have people breathing all day in an enclosed office. I don't think being 8 ft away from half a dozen unmasked people (could be a different group every day) is particularly safe.

What? They put dividers on GO Trains? First time I've read that anywhere in the World for trains. So much for "save the planet" with so much pastic used for show and no scientific evidence.
E8465154-F005-4009-8D66-742ECC8FA4CF.jpeg

They’ve also added hand sanitizer and floor markers. Some coaches have designated entrance and exit doors, but I think they didn’t continue with that since it appears most people don’t follow the directions.

They’ve also added hand sanitizer and floor markers. Some coaches have designated entrance and exit doors, but I think they didn’t continue with that since it appears most people don’t follow the directions.
Anyone who's been to just about any station when a rush hour train lets out knows that rules and decorum—as well as human dignity for that matter—are shed faster than Doug Ford backtracks.

689 new cases today

2.7% positivity

But.......in a bit of good news

ICU down by 5 to 130.

On vaccination:

1 dose: Up 0.11% to 82.07%

2 dose: Up 0.24% to 74.64%

I would expect doubling time to accelerate again once summer is over, absent any further controls.

Given that the majority of positive cases are amongst those vaccinated, I think it is safe to say that our numbers would be much, much higher if our vaccination rates were lower.

Given that the majority of positive cases are amongst those vaccinated, I think it is safe to say that our numbers would be much, much higher if our vaccination rates were lower.
I know that is what they (Medical researchers) have told us but since we are in the same situation as other countries with less and more vaccinated population how can it have been true?

I know that is what they (Medical researchers) have told us but since we are in the same situation as other countries with less and more vaccinated population how can it have been true?

We are not in the same situation as Australia - and no one said that being vaccinated will fully prevent you from getting COVID (much less the Delta strain of COVID); only that it will protect you from getting seriously ill from it.

AoD

Back