News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Is everyone vaccinated in your office?
Everyone is required to show proof of vaccination OR negative rapid test twice per week. I doubt we have that many crazies willing to subject themselves to twice weekly testing just to avoid vaccination, but who knows...

Only to a certain extent - Being flippant, but Fight Club should be referenced here where they reference the recall analyst formula of A x B x C > X applies...
A = Number of accidents
B = Probability of accidents
C = Average out of court settlement for said accidents
X = Efficiency gains from being less safe.
If A x B x C > X, you increase safety.
If A x B x C < X, you reduce safety!
Indeed. In this case, employers have been given carte blanche to expose employees to COVID since they have been given immunity to liability.

Everyone is required to show proof of vaccination OR negative rapid test twice per week. I doubt we have that many crazies willing to subject themselves to twice weekly testing just to avoid vaccination, but who knows...

If everyone is vaccinated or negative, what else do you expect them to do? Covid is going to be around forever, are we saying that we need to wear masks and stay 2m from co-workers for the rest of time?

If everyone is vaccinated or negative, what else do you expect them to do? Covid is going to be around forever, are we saying that we need to wear masks and stay 2m from co-workers for the rest of time?

It is entirely their discretion to allow people to not wear masks. They make it mandatory to attend meetings in confined spaces with people not wearing masks. 6 ft distancing is current public health guidance but not based on good science. It is more about exposure time in confined spaces. I don't think it is wise to have people in meeting rooms.

Vaccine efficacy fades and there will be infected people coming into the building every day. Eliminating reasonably low-burden safe guards while requiring people to expose themselves to risk seems indifferent to employee safety.

I’d be resigning from that place within the month of that announcement. Life is too short to get f#cked around by some boss, and there’s something really powerful about quitting.

I haven’t seen my office or my coworkers since March of 2020. We don’t even do Zoom, instead we just have good old teleconferences or one on one calls. I see my boss once a week or so in his backyard for coffee and lunch. There’s no way I’m going back to the old ways.

I met up with a bunch of co-workers at Thomson Park last month. Also been in the office three times since working from home, twice for IT help and once to clean out my desk for good.

It is entirely their discretion to allow people to not wear masks. They make it mandatory to attend meetings in confined spaces with people not wearing masks. 6 ft distancing is current public health guidance but not based on good science. It is more about exposure time in confined spaces. I don't think it is wise to have people in meeting rooms.

Vaccine efficacy fades and there will be infected people coming into the building every day. Eliminating reasonably low-burden safe guards while requiring people to expose themselves to risk seems indifferent to employee safety.

So I take it from this that you'll never feel like the office should go back to normal.

What is normal? The office of 2019 is different from the office of 1999. Change happens, sometimes gradually, sometimes more noticeably. So-called normal isn’t a static thing, it evolves.

Reactions: DSC
With the various views on lockdowns, vaccines, etc. since the start of the pandemic, I often felt it would have been instructive to have a 'control society' (outside of the US, given its regional variations) where virtually no action was taken. It seems we have a few. I saw this article in The Star (found it on AP) about some eastern European countries. Ukraine has a fully vaccinated rate of about 16%; Albania is around 7%. A doctor at one hospital in Chernivtsi Ukraine (pop. around 265K apparently) is seeing "10-23" deaths per day, against a typical less that six.

Just a flu

What is normal? The office of 2019 is different from the office of 1999. Change happens, sometimes gradually, sometimes more noticeably. So-called normal isn’t a static thing, it evolves.

Normal would be going into the office without masks and without distancing.

Pre COVID, yes. But things have changed. So now we interact differently. At one time, women wouldn’t be allowed to go to an office without panty hose or stockings and men required ties. This is just another change. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I have never been one to cling to “but it used to be this way”.

Normal would be going into the office without masks and without distancing.
Clearly, public health guidance is that we are still in a pandemic and shouldn't expect a return to normal until March. My concern is that I am being forced to go to an office and sit next to a bunch of unmasked people and I have zero confidence that if/when infections rate rise there will be willingness to reimpose safety measures. If the workplace is committed to complying with only the minimum required by law (ie, minimum permissible safety), then I am at the whims of Doug not wanting to interfere with NHL games and so on for my workplace safety.

Back