8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

Figures going back up again..

View attachment 361034

1636212453296.png

ICU and Vents (serious cases) seem to be holding steady at this point.

The anomalously low hospitalization numbers are from a weekend and always such as many hospitals don't report on weekends; and there are fewer admissions from ER on weekends.

If it’s just total cases, and only a similar increase as Wave 4 and the hospitalization and ICU numbers remain stable, then there’s little to worry about. But that depends on everything else remaining stable.

The numbers were pretty much guaranteed to increase around this time as most capacity restrictions have been lifted and the weather gets colder. Pandemic fatigue has certainly set in as well.

If it’s just total cases, and only a similar increase as Wave 4 and the hospitalization and ICU numbers remain stable, then there’s little to worry about. But that depends on everything else remaining stable.

The numbers were pretty much guaranteed to increase around this time as most capacity restrictions have been lifted and the weather gets colder. Pandemic fatigue has certainly set in as well.
Today, even though it's a Sunday the rate is inching up rather too fast for my liking. (last Sunday the number reported was 340):

Today’s coronavirus news: Ontario’s daily case count continues to creep up with 636 new infections and two more deaths;​

Today, even though it's a Sunday the rate is inching up rather too fast for my liking. (last Sunday the number reported was 340):

Today’s coronavirus news: Ontario’s daily case count continues to creep up with 636 new infections and two more deaths;​

Likely Hallowe'en related. Like, all the idiots who decided to bar hop last weekend.

Have you watched a Leaf’s game? Very few people keep their mask on.

My local grocery stores have removed all of the protocols at the cash register so people are reaching over each other to put their order on the belt , lining up together etc. The protocols were actually more efficient. I wish in our rush to “go back to normal “ we would stop for a minute and assess if the old ways were always better.

My local grocery stores have removed all of the protocols at the cash register so people are reaching over each other to put their order on the belt , lining up together etc. The protocols were actually more efficient. I wish in our rush to “go back to normal “ we would stop for a minute and assess if the old ways were always better.
I don't see them removing all the self-checkouts that have been installed in the interim, however.

Yes, mine too and I agree the covid-one-queue set-up was actually FAR better! I just sent them an e- comment asking "why?"

Last edited:

I find far too many stores have moved or got rid of the hand sanitizer at the entrance. I was in Walmart the other day, they moved the hand sanitizer dispenser off to the side. Why the hell didn't they just leave it at the front door so people will see it and use it..... I had look around for it. Of course no one else was using it.

I find far too many stores have moved or got rid of the hand sanitizer at the entrance. I was in Walmart the other day, they moved the hand sanitizer dispenser off to the side. Why the hell didn't they just leave it at the front door so people will see it and use it..... I had look around for it. Of course no one else was using it.
With the flu coming, they should have left the hand sanitizer where it was.

Back