News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.9K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 40K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 5.1K     0 

You can't call it wave 2 if you never got out of wave 1 right?

Tennessee reported on Wednesday that 756 students and staff have tested positive for the coronavirus at schools across the state, with more than half the districts reporting.

The Tennessee Department of Education said data on cases across all districts was supposed to be released Tuesday but was delayed because of technical difficulties.

Officials now hope to have full reporting from all districts by Sept. 22. The cases reported Wednesday include 514 students and 242 staff.

The province with the most anti maskers has the most new cases right now.

It's widely known that Quebecers are consistently less worried about COVID-19 than other Canadians even though they are the hardest hit. As a Francophone originally from Québec myself, I am not entirely surprised. Many have a lot of affinities with Americans. I have a cousin in his 50s who travelled to Florida, Tennessee, and Louisiana at the end of February and was lucky not to bring home the virus with him, yet every other day, he posts pics of himself having dinner indoors with a dozen friends (rarely the same ones), in homes or restaurants, and if I hadn't shaved my head I'd tear my hair out.

The province with the most anti maskers has the most new cases right now.

Are you sure about that? Before the masks became mandatory, a survey in Quebec said that 76% were in favour of the mask, with 10% somewhat opposed and 14% strongly opposed.

How does that compare to the other provinces?

Also, according to this other study, the residents of Quebec are in 2nd place in Canada in terms of respecting the social distanciation measures, right behind... Ontario.

I've got a lot of friends and family in Quebec, they have told me that they are tired of all the restrictions etc. and are basically ignoring them now. So it would be interesting to see the same poll conducted today.

It's widely known that Quebecers are consistently less worried about COVID-19 than other Canadians even though they are the hardest hit. As a Francophone originally from Québec myself, I am not entirely surprised. Many have a lot of affinities with Americans. I have a cousin in his 50s who travelled to Florida, Tennessee, and Louisiana at the end of February and was lucky not to bring home the virus with him, yet every other day, he posts pics of himself having dinner indoors with a dozen friends (rarely the same ones), in homes or restaurants, and if I hadn't shaved my head I'd tear my hair out.

I can relate. My 82 year old uncle lives in the Montreal area and he's a snow bird down in Florida. He waited till the end of April to drive back from Florida. His reason............ Canada was too cold. :rolleyes:

I can relate. My 82 year old uncle lives in the Montreal area and he's a snow bird down in Florida. He waited till the end of April to drive back from Florida. His reason............ Canada was too cold. :rolleyes:
At 82 you are, IMO allowed to do as you want. Statistically you’ve got at best five years before health keeps you home or puts you under.

I've got a lot of friends and family in Quebec, they have told me that they are tired of all the restrictions etc. and are basically ignoring them now. So it would be interesting to see the same poll conducted today.

Well they'd better follow the rules from now on. Starting this weekend, they can get a substantial fine if they don't wear their mask correctly, in all interior public spaces. Masks were already mandatory (and I'd say 99% of people complied with the rule based on my observations), but until now it was the store/restaurant owner who could get fined if they allowed customers who were not wearing masks. Now individuals will get a fine.

I was reading a report about this today in La Presse; they interviewed several snowbirds who have had no problem whatsoever crossing the border. And the U.S. has no mandatory quarantine for travellers...

Well they'd better follow the rules from now on. Starting this weekend, they can get a substantial fine if they don't wear their mask correctly, in all interior public spaces. Masks were already mandatory (and I'd say 99% of people complied with the rule based on my observations), but until now it was the store/restaurant owner who could get fined if they allowed customers who were not wearing masks. Now individuals will get a fine.

Assuming that they actually enforce these rules - and even then, I have doubts about the efficacy of fines that low.

AoD

I was reading a report about this today in La Presse; they interviewed several snowbirds who have had no problem whatsoever crossing the border. And the U.S. has no mandatory quarantine for travellers...

I'm wondering if their perspective may change when they apply for travel insurance.

I don't know the US for entry of foreign travellers.

Back