News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.6K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

It will be interesting to see how Albertans react if other Provinces (or countries) allow or insist on vaccine passports and travel or visiting 'stuff' (flying?) depends on being able to show proof of vaccination.

"CALGARY - Premier Jason Kenney says Alberta will not be following the lead of Quebec and Manitoba on vaccine passports.

Quebec intends to bring in the passports, beginning in September, for anyone wanting to visit non-essential businesses in parts of the province where the COVID-19 rate is high.

Manitoba has been issuing proof-of-immunization cards to residents who are two weeks past their second shot.

“We’ve been very clear from the beginning that we will not facilitate or accept vaccine passports,” Kenney told reporters at his annual Calgary Stampede pancake breakfast Monday."

What I’m a bit confused about is how it got so bad in England. They started getting Delta infections around the same time we did. They also had way more people vaccinated at the time. We had Delta infections for a while now, but everything keeps trending down.
According to this article, it's the Delta variant being introduced quickly from travel.

This from our new Chief MOH:

Moore said of 11,721 COVID-19 cases among people aged 12 to 17 in the past three months, a staggering 99.3 per cent had not been vaccinated.

“Of the (45,970) 19 to 29 year olds that are positive for COVID-19 — the very socially active age group — 96 per cent were unvaccinated,” he told reporters at Queen’s Park.

From: https://www.thestar.com/politics/pr...e-to-fully-reopen-the-economy-next-month.html

Interesting.........

Now lets consider this:

1626231983072.png

Will the strategy prove successful?

I'm not arguing the merits here of a pro-vaccination policy.

But rather, that, in combination w/returning to a hard-line on later retirement.....................at the same time........given the grief he took early in his term for supporting the latter policy.........

and in light of the current polls.

Is it the right move, for his re-election chances?

If not...........do we see a Le-Pen led France? (ugh) ...........or does another candidate emerge?

"and French anti-vax sentiment crumbles in real time: 20,000 vax appointments being made each minute since he spoke"...
https://www.iheartradio.ca/580-cfra...es-in-favour-of-a-vaccine-passport-1.15617287
Manitoba issues vaccination cards to double-dosed residents two weeks after their final dose and on Tuesday, Ontario’s chief medical officer of health, Dr. Kieran Moore said it would not be necessary...
"... I’m not sure it’s particularly practical let alone enforceable on the part of the business.”
Why wouldn't it be enforceable? I think almost every grocery store and Dollarama had a person counting people who were entering the store and holding up the line once the limit was reached. I would think they could also get everyone entering to show a card like Manitoba's, and I assume the same could be done at sports events, etc.
If it might allow more events to start happening and also encourage more people to get vaccinated, why not?

https://www.iheartradio.ca/580-cfra...es-in-favour-of-a-vaccine-passport-1.15617287 Why wouldn't it be enforceable? I think almost every grocery store and Dollarama had a person counting people who were entering the store and holding up the line once the limit was reached. I would think they could also get everyone entering to show a card like Manitoba's, and I assume the same could be done at sports events, etc.
If it might allow more events to start happening and also encourage more people to get vaccinated, why not?

Even more extreme example, Wimbledon is a large scale enforcement example too. https://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/visit_and_tickets/covid19_entry_requirements.html

https://www.iheartradio.ca/580-cfra...es-in-favour-of-a-vaccine-passport-1.15617287 Why wouldn't it be enforceable? I think almost every grocery store and Dollarama had a person counting people who were entering the store and holding up the line once the limit was reached. I would think they could also get everyone entering to show a card like Manitoba's, and I assume the same could be done at sports events, etc.

Honestly, I am very much in favor of domestic vaccine passports.

I see tons of people on the TTC without masks and know a few people who feel they don't need to be vaccinated for whatever reason. I would feel much safer knowing that there are controls in place for congregate settings like malls, concerts, airports, etc.

Unless your doctor says you cannot, it is a choice not to get vaccinated. In life you need to accept the consequences of your actions such as they are.

If you choose not to be vaccinated, that is your right. It is also my right and the right of the government, businesses and organizations to refuse you service if you are at risk of spreading a communicable disease.

Next time you go to your GP ask them about the list of diseases that need to be immediately reported to TPH and the Ministry of Health. Things like SARS, Tuberculosis, Plague, Polio and Smallpox are all to be reported immediately and are grounds for mandatory quarantine.

My concern is how easily will this passport card be forged (rendering it useless)? I know this is very Big Brother, but I do think a federal Covid app that did contact tracing and also provided proof of vaccination would be the way to go. How to handle people without mobile devices will be tricky though.

Back