News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 02, 2020
 8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

The US Food and Drug Administration on Monday granted full approval to the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine for people age 16 and older. This is the first coronavirus vaccine approved by the FDA, and is expected to open the door to more vaccine mandates.

The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine has been authorized for emergency use in the United States since mid-December for people age 16 and older. In May, the authorization was extended to those 12 and older.

Out of more than 170 million people in the United States fully vaccinated against Covid-19, more than 92 million have received the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.

In Ontario, 20,489,564 vaccine doses have been administered. 82.2% of Ontarians 12+ have one dose & 74.9% have two doses. 204 people are hospitalized (excl. ICU) with #COVID19, & 151 people are in ICU due to COVID-19. Please note that not all hospitals report on weekends.

EDIT. 639 cases yesterday.

Last edited:
The US Food and Drug Administration on Monday granted full approval to the Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine for people age 16 and older. This is the first coronavirus vaccine approved by the FDA, and is expected to open the door to more vaccine mandates.

The Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine has been authorized for emergency use in the United States since mid-December for people age 16 and older. In May, the authorization was extended to those 12 and older.

Out of more than 170 million people in the United States fully vaccinated against Covid-19, more than 92 million have received the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine.
Those who say they are declining vaccines because they are 'experimental' or have conditional approval ('I'm not anti-vax, I'm just questioning') are slowly running out of options.

I think things have been going pretty well in Ontario, we are just going to have to ride this out, whatever the projections are. No one really knows what is going to happen in the future, otherwise the lottery wouldn't end up with ridiculous and frightening jackpots. We do need passports/whatever to show vaccine status, wonder what Ford's problem is - too much opposition support? Too Liberal?

In Ontario, 20,489,564 vaccine doses have been administered. 82.2% of Ontarians 12+ have one dose & 74.9% have two doses. 204 people are hospitalized (excl. ICU) with #COVID19, & 151 people are in ICU due to COVID-19. Please note that not all hospitals report on weekends.

EDIT. 639 cases yesterday.
Case numbers aren’t really that relevant now. In this post-vaccination Ontario, the indicators of how we‘re doing are #s of serious illness, hospitalizarions, ICU and deaths. If those four are stable or only impacting the non-vaccinated then I’d say we’re doing okay.

And now long will Canadians allow the non-vaccinated to hold us hostage? Why did the vast majority of eligible Canadians get their vaccines if we still can’t return to normal life in order to protect the unvaccinated? To live, obviously, but there has to be more.

And now long will Canadians allow the non-vaccinated to hold us hostage? Why did the vast majority of eligible Canadians get their vaccines if we still can’t return to normal life in order to protect the unvaccinated? To live, obviously, but there has to be more.

Good question. How long do we tolerate this?

... And how long will Canadians allow the non-vaccinated to hold us hostage? Why did the vast majority of eligible Canadians get their vaccines if we still can’t return to normal life in order to protect the unvaccinated? To live, obviously, but there has to be more.
Mayor Tory was on CP24 this morning saying he doesn't know what's stopping Ontario from doing this, and made a comparison to smoking and anti-vax (I prefer to call them "pro-disease") people (starts at about 3:50 into it).
https://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=2265454
I also heard this morning someone on radio who had previously worked in Montreal mentioning that a guy named Steve Walsh who had also been there at the same time working at CJAD-AM and later moved to Missouri, had died from Covid-19 after refusing to be vaccinated.
What more motivation do people need apart from not dying?

Last edited:
Mayor Tory was on CP24 this morning saying he doesn't know what's stopping Ontario from doing this, and made a comparison to smoking and anti-vax (I prefer to call them "pro-disease") people (starts at about 3:50 into it).
https://www.cp24.com/video?clipId=2265454
Politics, duuh.
I also heard this morning someone on radio who had previously worked in Montreal mentioning that a guy named Steve Walsh who had also been there there at the same working at another station and later moved to Missouri, had died from Covid-19 after refusing to be vaccinated.
What more motivation do people need apart from not dying?
Well, they're anti-vaxxers - what do you expect?
Good question. How long do we tolerate this?

I know, certainly the patience of those around me are running out.

Since about May, I've started returning to my normal activities, and are basically at pre-COVID now. And most of those around me (vaccinated, of course).
Case numbers aren’t really that relevant now. In this post-vaccination Ontario, the indicators of how we‘re doing are #s of serious illness, hospitalizarions, ICU and deaths. If those four are stable or only impacting the non-vaccinated then I’d say we’re doing okay.
I do wish that the media would stop reporting on "Muh Huge Case Numbers!" I agree with you.
Hm, I think that normal life has been returning. I can't see public appetite for this much longer. Then again, I have a history of making wrong predictions ...

Kyla Ford and the KKK.

His daughter is anti-vaxx. If he does something like introduce vaccine passports it will harm his and her interests.
Naw. With how little respect he showed his own politically-aligned brother, I doubt defying her and her politics would incur any second guessing.

Rather, he's spent his political career trying to straddle a line between old- and new-school conservatives. He knows he lost some of the old-school progressive conservatives when he ran, but he more than made up for it with the new social conservatives. As the knife gets pulled in two directions, the edge gets harder and harder to follow. He doesn't want to get pulled towards the old side because it ultimately means he'll be a one-termer (just like ol' daddy!).

Back