8.5K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 39K     0 
News   GLOBAL  |  Apr 01, 2020
 4.8K     0 

Parc Nuvo at Essex - this may not be a final rendering:

highrise1401.jpg

I dunno I kinda like it.

One of those buildings that could benefit from greater height - if allowed or if it were better situated.

This is hilarious! Going by that render, they tried to include elements that would give it a more sophisticated "downtown" appearance, but unfortunately it's overwhelmed by the typical suburban mediocrity found in a place like MCC, but given that ECC is sandwiched between the two, it's an amusingly appropriate hybrid design - a visual gateway!

While it's far from great, it would nevertheless be a lot better than anything else in the area right now, and at almost 40 storeys would add a nice new addition to this ever densifying mini "downtown west", though I'd like to see them go higher still.

40 stories will be tall in that area and there is still lots of land to redevelop in that area anyways.

Two large suites in the ground floor of nuvo 2 where gutted to make room for a sales centre, likely for this building.

I think its odd height, compared to the other four buildings, might not seem as bad depending on what gets build on the other side of kipling ave.

there is somewhat of a streetwall/podium on the south side of the nuvo buildings (about 2-3 stories), the site has a slant to it. Looks like there will be a gap in the top half of the wall if it continues over to the new building.

I'm not sure that I like this. If built like this, it certainly won't conform to the other four towers. As already noted, it's apparently same-old-same-old glass and concrete, whereas the other four towers have a good deal of red brick. The first four towers, although not exactly exciting (we're talking Tridel), at least look fairly decent and not just as cheap as possible.

I think it has potential in a square wedding cake kinda way.

I'm a fan of setbacks if the proportions are there... this might work if it was substantially taller and had another "major" setback to temper all the fussy little ones.

cake.jpg

I'm not sure that I like this. If built like this, it certainly won't conform to the other four towers. As already noted, it's apparently same-old-same-old glass and concrete, whereas the other four towers have a good deal of red brick. The first four towers, although not exactly exciting (we're talking Tridel), at least look fairly decent and not just as cheap as possible.

I dunno, I don't think of it as any less banal. Just more "au courant".

It's "in keeping", in its way.

Back